ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Legacy Montefeltro 20 gauge
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:38 pm 
Utility Grade

I was gifted a matching pair, both are 2007 or older since they have the Mobil choke system. I'm trying to take these on a hunt next week, only issue I'm having is my plugs. I've never installed them and after reading and watching many videos these two seem to be different on the spring side.

After removing the cap, taking off the forward grip you come to the usual stud, the metal rod slides out and then a lot of people say there should be two notches to unscrew. My one does have this but seems stuck. What could I use to lubricate that lose? the other has no notches or any signs of a way to remove it to install a plug.

Post subject: Re: Legacy Montefeltro 20 gauge
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:12 pm 
Crown Grade

I would have to see a picture of what you are talking about, as it doesn't sound anything like the Montefeltros I have. Mine are quite simple to remove and install them.