ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Legacy wood furniture grades
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:32 pm 
Field Grade

Hi folks. I have a Legacy Sport in 12 gauge. It’s a great gun and I plan to hang on to it. It’s in 9.5/10 condition except for a gouge in the buttstock. I tried to repair it, but I think I’m in over my head. So I started looking for new furniture for it, with an eye to dressing it up a bit. I checked out Numrich and Midwest Gun Parts, and they both have wood in several grades. My problem is that the grading isn’t helpful, there’s no relationship I can tell between price and appearance, and the pictures aren’t the actual item I’ll get anyway.

Is there a ranking of the different grades/names? Is World Class > Elite > AA > Oiled Finish, etc, etc? Thanks very much for any help.

Steve in NC

Post subject: Re: Legacy wood furniture grades
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:55 pm 
Diamond Grade

I’d never pay for upgraded wood, without seeing the actual wood I was buying.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My Legacy has a film overlaying very plain softwood that simulates wood grain and color. If you look closely at the top of the stock there is a faint line visible where the two ends of the film envelope meet

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:19 am 
Presentation Grade

I had 2 over the years. Both had film. Looked Real except for the seam. similar to the Fabarm version. I wish Beretta would use it on the A400 sport.