ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super Sport Double Discharge
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:46 am 
Utility Grade

I was cleaning the trigger group of my Super Sport, and i cocked the hammer with my finger on the trigger to check sear engagement from the disconnector to the primary sear on the trigger, when i slowly released the pressure on the trigger the hammer released and did not engage the primary sear is this a common issue? as it is possible to create a bumpfire by lightly squeezing the trigger

Post subject: Re: Super Sport Double Discharge
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:09 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cyclonevmc wrote:
I was cleaning the trigger group of my Super Sport, and i cocked the hammer with my finger on the trigger to check sear engagement from the disconnector to the primary sear on the trigger, when i slowly released the pressure on the trigger the hammer released and did not engage the primary sear is this a common issue? as it is possible to create a bumpfire by lightly squeezing the trigger

Yes. Failure to fully release the trigger is a fairly common problem among novice shotgun shooters that leads to a quick (unplanned) second shot. This usually happens when the shooter is squeezing the trigger slowly and the recoil causes the gun to bounce off your shoulder and encounter the fairly rigid finger, thereby causing the rapid second shot.

Some shooters think that something is wrong with the gun when this happens, but the real problem is with the shooter's trigger pulling technique.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.