ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:11 pm 
Utility Grade

Is it safe to shoot tss shot through a factory full choke on a SBE 3. I know they say not to shoot steel through them, but was wondering about tss or hevi shot.

Post subject: Re: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:40 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

No.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:58 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

It isn't just Benelli or a particular style of choke: TSS is considered under the same umbrella as steel. For most shotguns, unless it is marked "Steel Okay, SP for steelproof, etc." it means "lead only" which included bismuth.

Fabarm chokes are the exception in this regard: steel / TSS is approved up to the Exis 9/10 Extra Full.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:32 am 
Crown Grade

JHL wrote:
Is it safe to shoot tss shot through a factory full choke on a SBE 3. I know they say not to shoot steel through them, but was wondering about tss or hevi shot.

I shoot tss out of a Benelli M2 20ga with a.555 Indian ck choke. I also have shot it out of a SBE2 with a turkey choke with no damage to either.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 am 
Crown Grade

Turkinator wrote:
JHL wrote:

I shoot tss out of a Benelli M2 20ga with a.555 Indian ck choke. I also have shot it out of a SBE2 with a turkey choke with no damage to either.

Not yet!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:50 pm 
Crown Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Turkinator wrote:
JHL wrote:

Not yet!

Granted , I shoot les than 30 tss turkey loads a year out of the M2, so that’s less than 200 tss loads total in going on 6 years. A properly loaded tss round with the small shot (typically 9s) is no more damaging than magnum lead loads and certainly no more than larger pellet steel loads pushed at much higher velocities.