ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:11 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:51 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Alabama
Is it safe to shoot tss shot through a factory full choke on a SBE 3. I know they say not to shoot steel through them, but was wondering about tss or hevi shot.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:40 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27445
Location: Plainfield, IL
No.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:58 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:51 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Alabama
Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27445
Location: Plainfield, IL
It isn't just Benelli or a particular style of choke: TSS is considered under the same umbrella as steel. For most shotguns, unless it is marked "Steel Okay, SP for steelproof, etc." it means "lead only" which included bismuth.

Fabarm chokes are the exception in this regard: steel / TSS is approved up to the Exis 9/10 Extra Full.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:32 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 pm
Posts: 7783
Location: southern Ohio
JHL wrote:
Is it safe to shoot tss shot through a factory full choke on a SBE 3. I know they say not to shoot steel through them, but was wondering about tss or hevi shot.

I shoot tss out of a Benelli M2 20ga with a.555 Indian ck choke. I also have shot it out of a SBE2 with a turkey choke with no damage to either.

_________________
biden has dementia, and is anti 2nd amendment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8581
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Turkinator wrote:
JHL wrote:
Is it safe to shoot tss shot through a factory full choke on a SBE 3. I know they say not to shoot steel through them, but was wondering about tss or hevi shot.

I shoot tss out of a Benelli M2 20ga with a.555 Indian ck choke. I also have shot it out of a SBE2 with a turkey choke with no damage to either.


Not yet!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crio plus question
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:50 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 pm
Posts: 7783
Location: southern Ohio
Dr Duk wrote:
Turkinator wrote:
JHL wrote:
Is it safe to shoot tss shot through a factory full choke on a SBE 3. I know they say not to shoot steel through them, but was wondering about tss or hevi shot.

I shoot tss out of a Benelli M2 20ga with a.555 Indian ck choke. I also have shot it out of a SBE2 with a turkey choke with no damage to either.


Not yet!

Granted , I shoot les than 30 tss turkey loads a year out of the M2, so that’s less than 200 tss loads total in going on 6 years. A properly loaded tss round with the small shot (typically 9s) is no more damaging than magnum lead loads and certainly no more than larger pellet steel loads pushed at much higher velocities.



_________________
biden has dementia, and is anti 2nd amendment


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1casual, 2LegsBetter, 39DUCK, 49straight, AJ-M12, BigDeeeeeeee, Bing [Bot], birdhunter39, Bladeswitcher, cdb1097, dannyd93140, Dave in AZ, deadbird995, delaware_export, EihänJohan, EricB, eyeonbird, Faret, Galaxy Flyer, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, gunut 1, gunwinger, hopper810, hubel458, JSTILL29, kawaboy-zx11, Kyler Hamann, LG, maggs01, Mohegan, moonjeong, mwr01, Pine Creek/Dave, pitandremington, pjmx, Polaris49, Qdog002, Rack-N-Roy, Ravenanme, Road Man, Rooster booster, RudyN, Safetyfast, scrugneysgundogs, searun, SnowRider1, Stk218, The Happy Kaboomer, tracker 6, Tvbh40a, uncle-buck, Upland Quest, Wabo, zxcvbnm


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice