ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Why Benelli over Beretta semi for Sporting Clays?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:14 am 
Crown Grade

RUT wrote:
I find it interesting that so many folks poo poo the Benelli because of supposed recoil, but nobody seems to find that a problem with over & unders. I have other gas guns and don't find the difference in recoil vs. my Benelli to amount to a hill of beans. Guess that's just me.

O/U target guns are very heavy which helps with recoil.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:29 am 
Crown Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
RUT wrote:
I find it interesting that so many folks poo poo the Benelli because of supposed recoil, but nobody seems to find that a problem with over & unders. I have other gas guns and don't find the difference in recoil vs. my Benelli to amount to a hill of beans. Guess that's just me.

Each person perceives recoil differently and stocks have a lot to do with where the recoil is directed. A hundred rounds through my Montefeltro or My Ithaca 37 don’t leave me any worse for wear but I definitely feel it after a hundred rounds with my Citori. Others may have different perceptions. I don’t mind recoil much but my Rizzini made me flinch. A lot of variables to consider.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:28 pm 
Tournament Grade

EricB wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
RUT wrote:

Each person perceives recoil differently and stocks have a lot to do with where the recoil is directed. A hundred rounds through my Montefeltro or My Ithaca 37 don’t leave me any worse for wear but I definitely feel it after a hundred rounds with my Citori. Others may have different perceptions. I don’t mind recoil much but my Rizzini made me flinch. A lot of variables to consider.

This. I shot a Supersport for over a decade. The gun fits me like a glove and perceived recoil is therefore non existent. I'm also a bigger guy...6'3" and 230....so that may be part of the equation as well. I get where someone who weighs 50 lbs less than me might be bothered by recoil that I find to be negligible.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:33 am 
Crown Grade

I need to shoot 1 oz loads in my SS. 1 1/8 oz has too much recoil for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dr Duk wrote:
I need to shoot 1 oz loads in my SS. 1 1/8 oz has too much recoil for me.

I use this on my Benelli Sport ll and it does give some added weight.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/600M

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

I don't think I'd choose a Benelli over a Beretta, even as a field gun, but would shoot one if I had it already. Both are excellent makes, just my preference.

I had a light Montefeltro for a brief while as a hunting gun. It was 100% reliable. I did feel that it had a pretty sharp recoil, in fact sharper than any Franchi, Browning A5 or A500. (Well, my A500 did kick pretty hard the one time when it blew apart in my face).

The softest shooting autos I've shot were the rather uncouth Winchester 1400's...And 2nd softest Remington 1100's......