ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can you order a new gunn without porting?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:30 am 
Field Grade

I really like several of the 20ga sporting guns and the Cordoba but I don't want a ported barrel. Does anyone know if you can order these guns without porting??

Post subject: Re: Can you order a new gunn without porting?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

goosedowner wrote:
I really like several of the 20ga sporting guns and the Cordoba but I don't want a ported barrel. Does anyone know if you can order these guns without porting??

Yep! I get you. At best, porting is useless and has no benefit. At worst, it will annoyingly drip mess when you clean your barrels. It won't technically cost you any targets.

Benelli should know better by now. Browning finally figured it out. But it's not cheap to retool or otherwise always produce what consumers prefer. So, hopefully you can find, order, or piece together exactly what you want and makes you happy.

Sounds like for sure you prefer a Benelli Sporter. Good guns with tons of happy owners. I imagine you've already ruled out Affinity, Retay, and other inertia specimens. I'm not aware of another brand which offers recoil reducing designed stocks, but I'm not totally up on inertia guns.

Personally, I'd only reluctantly tolerate porting if I got a screaming great deal on a used gun I absolutely loved and had to have, and could never find without porting. Or, perhaps, in an inexpensive utilitarian niche gun, it might not be a deal killer. But that's just me. I will not pay the going rate or top dollar for either new or used guns with stupid, nonsensical extra holes in the barrels.

Good luck! Hope you find what you like!