Shotgun Forum banner

Benelli inertia feed

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Moffett 
#1 ·
Guys, looking for a Benelli autoloader for skeet 20ga, 28" any suggestions? Interested in Model 10655 if the recoil is not bad. Thanks Joe

#4 ·
But then again, nobody said anything about using it for competition. My primary clays gun is a Sport ll I've been using since 2006, and I don't find the recoil to be much different than my other gas operated guns. The real benefit comes to cleaning it, or not having to. :) YMMV

#5 ·
RUT said:
But then again, nobody said anything about using it for competition. My primary clays gun is a Sport ll I've been using since 2006, and I don't find the recoil to be much different than my other gas operated guns. The real benefit comes to cleaning it, or not having to. :) YMMV
Just using competition for an example.
If it were a great gun, more people would use it in competition.
I find a significant difference between gas and inertia guns.

#9 ·
RUT said:
This:. I shot a Supersport for almost a decade. I'd shoot it in my skeet league now but bending over to pick up empties sucks so I switched to an O/U.

#11 ·
Although Randy had (or maybe still has) an M2 that he used to shoot a lot of pheasants, he mostly bad mouths Benelli. I shoot a 12 gauge Montefeltro Sporting for clays, and my brother and nephews use SuperSports, and really, the recoil thing is all in somebody's mind. I see no difference in recoil, and the inertia guns are so much easier to clean and run like tanks.

We were shooting in a sporting clays outing yesterday and the team in front of us had 2 of the blue Beretta Smurf guns. Both of them had jams (one had multiple jams) during the round. And it wasn't the ammo, because we were all using the same Fiocchi ammo supplied by the shoot. Our Benellis ran like tanks.

#12 ·
Been shooting inertia for over twenty five years, no recoil to speak of and never a jam. Surprised anyone shoots gas guns anymore, thing of the past. I shoot with a couple buddies ,one has a new Browning Maxus gasser and the other a CZ inertia. Never a jam with the CZ , Browning might go four boxes at most before jamming. But to each his own, just my .002

#13 ·
Moffett said:
Been shooting inertia for over twenty five years, no recoil to speak of and never a jam. Surprised anyone shoots gas guns anymore, thing of the past. I shoot with a couple buddies ,one has a new Browning Maxus gasser and the other a Tristar low dollar inertia. Never a jam with the Tristar , Browning might go four boxes at most before jamming. But to each his own, just my .002
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#15 ·
Dr Duk said:
I have a SS and several Beretta SAs.
HUGH difference in felt recoil to me
As much as I hate to do it; I agree with Dr Duk on this one. :oops: :?

I too find a very big difference in felt recoil between the two. As a result, I don't own any inertia operated guns. I guess it is all about the shooter's perception so there probably is no definitive answer.

#16 ·
oyeme said:
Dr Duk said:

That wasn't so hard, was it? :lol:

I too find a very big difference in felt recoil between the two. As a result, I don't own any inertia operated guns. I guess it is all about the shooter's perception so there probably is no definitive answer.

#17 ·
oyeme said:
Dr Duk said:

It is a fact: fixed breech guns have more actual recoil than gas-operated guns. Subsequent testing entailed plugging the gas vents of the 1100, thereby measuring recoil force with the 1100's gas system deactivated. The bolt movement and gas venting in the gas operated semi-automatic gun tested reduced peak recoil force by between 20% and 25% and lengthened the duration of the recoil event . . . "

#19 ·
seacilian said:
Benelli inertia feed
Hello!!! Is anybody there at Shotgunworld land?????
I'm not sure where the term 'inertia feed' comes from. What operates the shell elevator is a spring. There are dozens of split bolt recoil-operated shotguns out there: all variations of the Bruno Civolani action.

You get to decide what your own recoil sensitivity threshold is. You brought up recoil: a heavy gas operated auto invariably wins in that department.

#20 ·
Moffett said:
Been shooting inertia for over twenty five years, no recoil to speak of and never a jam. Surprised anyone shoots gas guns anymore, thing of the past. I shoot with a couple buddies ,one has a new Browning Maxus gasser and the other a Tristar low dollar inertia. Never a jam with the Tristar , Browning might go four boxes at most before jamming. But to each his own, just my .002
Tristars are gas guns, not inertia!

#21 ·
mddan said:
Moffett said:
Tristars are gas guns, not inertia!
. My Bad,meant to say CZ not Tristar. I did edit my mistake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.