Shotgun Forum banner

Verona LX 502

27K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  GKMAC 
#1 ·
Is the LX 502about the same class of O\U as the Stevens or Mossburgs? are they better than the CZ or Yiltzi

#3 ·
I know this is reviving an old post, but I'll drop in as a former owner of a 502. I would like to be the future owner of one as well. I would classify the FAIR Verona as a significant step above any of the guns you mentioned. I own a CZ sxs and it would be on par but not quite. The current production CZ guns are excellent for what they are and a significant improvement over earlier models. CZ has engineers resident at Huglu. The Italian made 5xx represented a huge value for the money 15 years ago when they were sold by Dicks, Gallians, Bass Pro etc. They were a good Italian shotgun that had excellent actions and handling at very reasonable cost. I fear however that time has passed. When the Milano came out, it was the same basic gun, but added about $700 to the price. Moved it into Beretta money without Beretta resale value.

#4 ·
I always felt the LX 500 series was on par with the Browning Citori but much cheaper. They were made by F.A.I.R. They went for about $600-$700.

I have the LX502 in both 12ga and 20ga. I would recommend the Verona over the Moosberg or Savage. Not familiar with the other two mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.