ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lock STOCK and the smoking Barrel
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

<FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>What is your favorite type of stock for use on your Tactical, Home Defense shotgun?<br><br>These choices are for overall design, (shape), not including special features like adjustable pull, etc...<br><br>Why do you prefer that style?</FONT><FORM method=post action="http://pub125.ezboard.com/fshotgunworldfrm13.processVote?topicID=87.topic"><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 width="55%"><tbody><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="1"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>'Standard' Shotgun Stock.</FONT>

Post subject: Re: Lock STOCK and the smoking Barrel
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:25 am 
Field Grade

I will admit my experince with tactical shotguns is limited, however I have handles all of options listed above, and personally believe that a "standard" stock gives you the most amount of control. <br><br>The absence of a buttstock makes it difficult to stabilize the firearm while shooting in the "grip hand" without the aid of the opposite hand. This would be particularly important should you lose the use of your opposite hand. A pistol grip alone just doesn't cut it for me. It becomes a huge "pistol" and much too unwieldy.<br><br>Pistol Grip/Folding stock guns are not much better than pistol-grip-only shotguns. I look at it this way: If it folds up enough to be out of the way, it isn't very comfortable/stable when opened. If it is comfortable/stable when opened - it probably doesn't get out of the way enough when folded.<br><br>Pistol Grip with Buttstock would be a good compramise. If you like the feel of a pistol grip, but want the control of a buttstock I would suggest this form. The only problem I have is if you ever need to change the grip you have on the gun while in a fight, you may have to actually remove your hand from the grip itself. With a conventional stock you may only need to adjust your grip as your hand is on the stock already, and not interfered with by the stock passing by your wrist. Makes sense? <p>Mike Ross<br>The Cartridge Guys<br>www.cartridgeguys.web1000.com<br>Life Member, NAHC<br>Member, National Rifle Association<br>Member, Meeker Co. Historical Society<br></p><i></i>