ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 835 or 500
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:44 pm 
:) hey, i am looking for a good turkey gun, one that chambers 3 1/2inch shells, right now, im looking at the mossberg 835 ulti-mag, mainly because of its affordability and it was ranked n teh 25 perfect guns of field&stream, ive looked at it for a while, but i cant seem to find any tactical accessories for it(magazine ext., pistol grip buttstock), and i can get that in a 500, but the 835 is top of the line, and if i go with the 835, i was wondering if i should get a magazine extension for my old 1100, ive found one for $32 at the local gunstore, tell me what you think, thanks for the time

Post subject: Re: 835 or 500
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:28 am 
how bout some help, ive had mine on here for almost a week and not one reply

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:37 pm 
Field Grade

You're not likely to find many "tactical" accessories for the 835. It's just one of those things. If you want to "tactical"-up a shotgun, you may need to turn to your 1100.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:56 pm 
you are right ,not much avalible in tactical trim for the 835,mainly because it is made to hunt and kill animals,not people.as far as upgrading to a tactical stock,anything that will fit a 500 will fit a 835.don't know of any mag extentions,but I think if you filled'er full of some 3" high brass or some of them nasty 3 1/2" turkey or heavy shot duck loads and retrofit a laser pionter,I would feel safe to say you will cut in 2 anything that made you feel threatend. Another reason that no one uses one for a tactical is that very few like shorter 2.75" shells,and with the factory barrle with screw in chokes,Mossberg dose not recomend shoting buck shot,and shooting slugs threw one of these barrles is a definate no no.I agree with family guy,you would be better off either ussing your 1100,or finding a different gunto make into a dedicated home deffence weapon.