ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Stevens 320
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Nick,

After I removed the factory stock from the 320, I placed it side by side with the Phoenix and estimated the mounting angle as best as I could by eye, then drew with a pencil where the Phoenix stock needed to be cut off so that the two stocks would match.

I then used a band saw and removed the unnecessary part of the Phoenix stock where it had been drawn on. After that, it was a lot of filing, shaping and constant test fitting.

By not judging the screw hole correctly, so I had to redrill the existing hole with a larger size drill bit and hold it at an angle so the existing hole was opened up oblong.

The correct thread and length hex head bolt was purchased at a local ACE True Value hardware store, but I can not remember the exact size used. I can check the package when I get home. I will also take a picture of the two stocks side by side along with the amount of the plastic that was cut from the Phoenix.

This may not happen for a day or three since the removed plastic part of the stock is in my father's workshop at his house which is an hour drive from my house.

I will make sure to post photos and make a How-To write up so others may attempt at possibly ruining a perfectly good after market stock! I went into the project knowing that if I cut incorrectly, I would be throwing the new stock away as it would be ruined. Cut too much and you can not make it work correctly. Always cut too little and test fit, then cut or file away a tiny bit at a time so that you make sure not to cut or file away too much that can not be undone.

--Cliff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:45 am 
Utility Grade

Hi I was just wondering if you ended up posting a tutorial on the buttstock?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:11 pm 
Utility Grade

have you made a tutorial yet?

Post subject: Re: Stevens 320 - Mag. Tube Ext., general info
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:03 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Stevens 320, 18.5 barrel, and pistol grip stock that I got a few months ago. I just love it. The action, and trigger assy. need a good cleaning before your first outing. The action is a little tight at first, but really gets smoother with use. One of the Mods I wanted was a 7-shot Mag tube Extension. I searched everywhere on the net, with no luck. So I got with Brownells Tech. Department and asked for help. After they had time to research, they stated that (TacStar Shotgun accessories; Model # 1081177) was the proper Mag Tube Ext. for the Stevens 320. It is the same part that fits the Winchester 1200/1300 Defender & Black Shadow models. The new tube comes with a good spring, but has no sling swivel on it. A support bracket with an eyelet bolt will take care of that. One other thing that has been mentioned in various Blog’s is the Mag tube nut coming loose after 50 or so shots. The added support bracket on the extension tube will hold everything nice and tight. The new tube is a 1- 13/16th inch longer than the barrel, so it will get some minor flash burns on it. 7 +1 is the way to go. I really want to thank the people at Brownells for taking the time to help me. All I got from Savage’s people was “We don’t make anything for that shotgun”. I hope this info is helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 pm 
Utility Grade

Cliff_in_VA wrote:
Nick,

After I removed the factory stock from the 320, I placed it side by side with the Phoenix and estimated the mounting angle as best as I could by eye, then drew with a pencil where the Phoenix stock needed to be cut off so that the two stocks would match.

I then used a band saw and removed the unnecessary part of the Phoenix stock where it had been drawn on. After that, it was a lot of filing, shaping and constant test fitting.

By not judging the screw hole correctly, so I had to redrill the existing hole with a larger size drill bit and hold it at an angle so the existing hole was opened up oblong.

The correct thread and length hex head bolt was purchased at a local ACE True Value hardware store, but I can not remember the exact size used. I can check the package when I get home. I will also take a picture of the two stocks side by side along with the amount of the plastic that was cut from the Phoenix.

This may not happen for a day or three since the removed plastic part of the stock is in my father's workshop at his house which is an hour drive from my house.

I will make sure to post photos and make a How-To write up so others may attempt at possibly ruining a perfectly good after market stock! I went into the project knowing that if I cut incorrectly, I would be throwing the new stock away as it would be ruined. Cut too much and you can not make it work correctly. Always cut too little and test fit, then cut or file away a tiny bit at a time so that you make sure not to cut or file away too much that can not be undone.

--Cliff

Hi Cliff. Deeogee here. I'm a newbee to the sight, but have owned and customized my own guns for over 40 years. Found this great sight searching Google for tactical stocks able to be modified to fit the Stevens 320A. I have one and began the modification process of my Phoenix Industries Kick lite stock tonight. Once I finish machining the face of the stock and re-drilling the bolt hole, (which needs a bolt that is M8x1.25 thread), length to be determined, I'm going to pour/fill the end of the tactical stock with the stevens bolt waxed so I can pour the epoxy through the oblong hole to strengthen and unitize it where it bolts to the gun to keep the stock aligned with the gun frame in the Stevens recess. Off to a good start tonight but want to sleep on it a bit and allow the design to evolve in my head so I end up with a very exacting match of the stock to the gun and achieve maximum rigidity that won't allow any movement of the stock to the gun once the bolt is installed. Also ordered a Witt Machine muzzle brake for it today. I'm interested in a +2 extension but can't determine whos or which one will fit the mag tube on the Stevens. I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.
Thanks! Deeogee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:23 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi everyone,
Sorry for not replying. Life got crazy.
Going through a messy divorce at the same time as having had to move in to take care of my elderly parents who are becoming almost as much work as my full time job. Life has not been a bowl of cherries.

After doing some research, I found out the B-Square Winchester 1300 saddle / scope mount is a direct fit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IKYH4

I added an open reflex sight:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARM39M2

And a 1000 lumen flashlight with a switch:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HH4BYD4

I'll post pics after everything is installed.

-Cliff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:39 pm 
Utility Grade

I installed an Aimtech Win 1300 saddle scope mount on mine and it fits on easy. Topped it with a Vortex Sparc red dot. To cycle the action clear I installed a camo fore end for Rem 870 (from a Blackhawk Knoxx set)...now that did not install easy. Took a little grinding and a lot of hammering! I will try to install the camo stock of the Blackhawk Knoxx set. Looks like a little time on the belt sander and some more time with a Dremml will make it fit. Keeping the 28" barrel. I'm thinking a turkey gun!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

I held one of these tonight and it looked and felt like a $200 gun. The action felt like complete crap. The only positive thing I can say about it is that I liked the sights. Funny thing was that I asked the guy to see the Stevens 320 and he said while looking at the tag "that's actually a savage ... uh ... ghost". Savage Ghost. You moron you. I didn't bother correcting him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 pm 
Utility Grade

hello im just arrive here because i see is a good community of people that maybe can help me.

I get a Stevens 320, yes i use the search button and i know is more thread about it but i think no one like this one, here is the situation.

i contact savage arms and ask about what collapsible stock fit my weapon i get it from 179.98 in academy this model comes really plain, bead sight and that's all... well here is the answer to my questions in savage.

Quote:

Cynthia Noret (Savage Arms, Inc)

Apr 17 08:35 AM

Hi biohazardjoker,

It is modeled after the winchester 1300 but I do not believe the parts are interchangable. Our 320 has different machining than other shotguns, so I don't believe other parts would fit.

Biohazardjoker
Apr 15 07:20 PM

Ok i make my research about this too late becuse i already have the weapon people says is a chinese replica or the winchester 1300 but other people says other things please be honest with me , if is a replica , is a replica of what so that way i can make the adjustments i really need a retractable butt stock my wife cant handle the weapon with factory stock and you says mossberg but which mossberg?

--- Original Message ---

Cynthia No

Cynthia Noret (Savage Arms, Inc)

Apr 15 03:54 PM

Hi Biohazardjoker,

I am not aware of any aftermarket parts for this shotgun and we do not carry these parts for this model so I am not sure if the mossberg parts would fit.

Best regards,
Cynthia

Biohazardjoker
Apr 11 06:33 PM

i,just get a stevens 320 the question is what parts fit in this particular model im looking for front grip and collapsible butt please let me know i read.in a forum that any mossberg 300 parts fits please help me in this

So if you read she tell me first mossberg parts then she tell me that nothing fit...

i try with one guy in you tube that have a pretty one, check this out...

Quote:
Me:hello man i nned help with the collapsible stock and all the goodies you do to your stevens and thanks ones again

si hablas espanol me avisas mejor para mi

Other person: Ok biohazardjoker so here goes the stock was part of a kit that came with the forend now it won't volt on with out an adapter that you need for it to work. Now for the heat shield it came from the factory like that. Same thing for the picatinny rail and ghost sights.

Me:.. ok got it but were i can buy the parts? what part is that? and what brands?

Other person: Ok biohazardjoker jex electronics was the site for the adapter you will have to email then and ask for it then you can mount the stock.

Me: Man i really appreciate your help i send a email to the store, went i google it is a cell phone store right? , another questions what kit you buy for the collapsed stock? I contact savege and that people tell me they dont make anything for the 320.

And i never hear from him again

Then i try cheaperthandirt

Quote:
Me: I have a stevens 320 shot gun imlooking for a forend and collapsing buttstock please if you have anything that.fits for this model let me know

cheaperthandirt: Biohazardjoker,
Stevens 320's are patterned off of a Winchester 1300. We are told that they are somewhat compatible however some fitting may be required.
I hope this helps.
Thank You,
Ethan Garrity
Product Technician
Cheaper Than Dirt!

And once again nothing more... i make this thread because im really in need to know how to find a collapsible stock with out that my wife and daughter cant use it , PLEASE if some one can help me without loops and can tell me directly which parts fits i really appreciate the help if i have to make mods please let me know what to do i don't need a idiot manual but at least one picture of the mod part and from what brand and model "Example collapsible butt stock for mossberg the ati brand"

Thank you for the Help and the time to read this

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 pm 
Field Grade

so far, 1300 parts fit. You might have to do a little bit of modification to make a collapsible stock fit, I'm not sure, since I don't want a collapsible stock.

and to misery, who says:
Misery556 wrote:
I held one of these tonight and it looked and felt like a $200 gun.

And this is a bad thing? The only issue I've had with mine so far is some extraction issues with one box of Hornaday Critical Defense buckshot shells, but no problems since. It serves the purpose I got it for, and it saves wear and tear on my hunting shotgun (Mossberg 500), and it's fun to boot!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

Area Man wrote:
so far, 1300 parts fit. You might have to do a little bit of modification to make a collapsible stock fit, I'm not sure, since I don't want a collapsible stock.

and to misery, who says:
Misery556 wrote:
I held one of these tonight and it looked and felt like a $200 gun.

And this is a bad thing? The only issue I've had with mine so far is some extraction issues with one box of Hornaday Critical Defense buckshot shells, but no problems since. It serves the purpose I got it for, and it saves wear and tear on my hunting shotgun (Mossberg 500), and it's fun to boot!

Against my better judgement, I shot one of these today. I was at the range and asked a guy to try it and offered him my 870. I loaded it with six rounds and has two malfunctions. The second shot I fired stuck in the chamber. I pressed the slide release and nothing happened so I grabbed the forend and slammed the butt into the ground to open it up. Two shots later, I had a round fail to feed inside of the receiver. The lifter brought the round up but not all the way. It felt like a cheap gun and those two malfunctions in 6 shots were more than I've had in my 870 and 930 combined. That's inexcusable. By the way, the 870 fed, cycled and ejected all 8 rounds just as it should.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:14 pm 
Field Grade

Misery556 wrote:
Against my better judgement, I shot one of these today . . . [had] two malfunctions . . . It felt like a cheap gun and . . . That's inexcusable.

Sounds like you'd best not buy one. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:41 pm 
Utility Grade

"I loaded it with six rounds and has two malfunctions. The second shot I fired stuck in the chamber. I pressed the slide release and nothing happened so I grabbed the forend and slammed the butt into the ground to open it up. Two shots later, I had a round fail to feed inside of the receiver. The lifter brought the round up but not all the way."

I call Bull$hit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:08 pm 
Utility Grade

This guy can hook you up with a stock adapter for the 320[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PcpTFYvqlk[/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:48 am 
Utility Grade

Sorry to res and old thread like this but I can't send a PM yet. I'm looking to do an extendable stock on my 320 but not really sure which one to get to modify. I would like to do the same one as cliff but don't know which one he started from. I'm guessing one of these two.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ ... rce=search
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ ... rce=search

Anyone know which one I should start with?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:54 am 
Utility Grade

for the price this is an amazing shotgun!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:42 am 
Utility Grade

The reason for the fitment issues with the stock are because in 2016 or 2017 I'm not positive about the exact year but they started making the trigger guard thicker making aftermarket grips/stocks not fit quiet right if your 320 is older the aftermarket stuff fits fine but the newer thicker trigger guards make grips/stocks protrude slightly.also u can pick up different length barrels etc used slightly high prices at numrich they sell factory oem replacements