ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: flashlight reccomendations Remington 887 nitro mag tact
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the board and finally got my hands on a Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical 12 gauge. I'm not very familiar to picatinny rails or tactical accessories so I am looking for advise on a good flashlight to add to my HD shotgun. I know the M887 comes with two picatinny rails at the end of the barrel. If possible looking anywhere from the 25-50 dollar range and a quick overview of how to attach the light to the rails. (Stupid question, but I figured this would be the best place to get information)

Look forward to getting your opinions
Sighog

Post subject: flashlight reccomendations Remington 887 nitro mag tact
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would go $100 and get a Streamlight TLR-1. You won't find many $50 lights that will survive being mounted on a shotgun for very long. The TLR-1 comes ready to mount straight on your rail also.

Post subject: Re: flashlight reccomendations Remington 887 nitro mag tact
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:27 pm 
What sjohnny said. There are few things worse than needing light in a gunfight and not having it. And a $50 light will likely not survive long. The problem is that with the light being on the gun and subjected to the stress of practice, it may fail at a critical moment when it is really needed. Surefires are good and proven. Lots of threads on here with excellent suggestions.

Welcome to the basement. {hs#

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I had a surefire G-2LED on my 870 and it stood up well. You might have to move your rail back so you can reach the tail cap from the forend. I mounted mine on a CDM BMT clamp using a scope ring.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:45 pm 
Quote:
I mounted mine on a CDM BMT clamp using a scope ring.

:lol: :lol: Yep. People at the gunstore get weary of me coming in asking for one picatinny rail scope ring.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks everyone, great points and I think I should absolutely go with the higher end proven tactical light. Will be posting pictures soon!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

sjohnny wrote:
I would go $100 and get a Streamlight TLR-1. You won't find many $50 lights that will survive being mounted on a shotgun for very long. The TLR-1 comes ready to mount straight on your rail also.

+1. Great setup. Just put mine back on my HD. Had it off for some heavy range shoting. It is now "blue lock tight" The gun just not the same without the TLR-1 Streamlight.

ATA- Life Member (Sr. Veteran)
NRA- Member
Redlands Shooting Park- Life Membership

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:52 pm 
Utility Grade

When it comes to recommended tactical flashlights with weapons, the Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL is definitely the best choice. If I were yours, I would spend more than a hundred dollars to get a Streamlight instead of the other.