ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 1301 Tactical for HD - owners please chime in
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:43 pm 
Diamond Grade

Any folks here enjoying the Beretta 1301? I would love to hear from you.

Being incredibly impressed with the performance of my Versamax Tactical 22", I decided that an 18.5" semi auto would be a great in-house defense shotgun. I found a new Beretta 1301 Tactical online for $799 and at that price, could not resist.

I'm planning on using one of the aftermarket devices to prevent the bolt release button from being inadvertently actuated and will put on a Nordic +2 extension, which I believe will give 7+1=8 round capacity with 2 3/4" shells.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 1301 at my FFL.

Post subject: Re: Beretta 1301 Tactical for HD - owners please chime in
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:33 pm 
Limited Edition

Not an owner, & without a release button shroud fix it would be nothing but a range toy for me...that said, you'll want to wade through this thread if you haven't already done so:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?10177-Beretta-1301-Tactical

The above said, yours was well-bought.

If mine, I'd put an Urbino stock on it:

https://mesatactical.com/mesa-tactical-and-the-urbino-stock-have-been-selected-by-beretta-as-a-pistol-grip-stock-supplier-for-their-1301-tactical-shotgun/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

62-10, thanks for chiming in! Yes, I've done my homework on the 1301. Bolt release shroud and Nordic +2 extension and this should be an awesome HD weapon! :-).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:42 am 
Limited Edition

Keep in mind that the Nordic +2 extension won't qualify as a 922r compliance part. I don't know what the compliance count is in the 1301 T, however you may need a replacement follower & stock if you go to the +2...if it even matters.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:33 pm 
Diamond Grade

Yes, sir. We're all good! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:38 pm 
Utility Grade

I have the 1301T, Nordic +2 extension, much better recoil pad from Amazon, Aridus Industries latch and shroud.
Purchased strictly for HD. First range day, I ran 250 rounds through it. 200 high base magnum loads, 00 buck, slugs, and 2 boxes of 7 1/2 bird shot. It ate it all without am issue. Took it home and cleaned it. Added a light and a red dot. The wife thinks it is cute. It is a desired tool, and a good one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

Rembo... good to know. Thank you. Mine arrived today. I already had the minimal and the maximal polymer accessories for the bolt release, so I put on the minimal one and from what I can tell, it's going to be a perfect solution to inadvertent actuation of the magazine stop release. No big deal at all.

I have the Kick-Eez recoil pad inbound. And will be ordering the Nordic +2 tomorrow.

I have no doubt that with the bolt release shroud, Kick-Eez recoil pad, and Nordic +2 that this is going to be one of the finest choices in a HD shotgun, available.

It's a beautifully made shotgun. Everything looks great to me. Looking forward to getting it out to the range!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:18 am 
Tournament Grade

I have the Beretta 1301 tactical gen2 with redesigned bolt release and threaded barrel and screw in choke. The way my 1301 has performed at the range I have complete confidence with it as one of my home defense weapons. It has been 100% reliable with everything I've put through it, even low brass target loads under 1200 fps. My thinking being if it's 100 % with low brass at 1200 fps or less, then my home defense 00 will be no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 am 
Field Grade

I have one. It shoots much more softly than my M2 Tactical, but it’s a toss-up for which one I would grab in an emergency. You won’t be disappointed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

The M2 is recoil operated while the 1301 is gas operated, being I like the gas system I would have to pick the 1301. But that's just me and I have the 1301.