ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sellier & Belloit 00-buck $80/250-rnd case DEAL
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:34 pm 
Diamond Grade

I can't vouch for this stuff myself, but it's a potential helluva deal on 9-pellet low recoil 00-buck for practice or maybe even stock-up...
2/3 price of Rio, 1/2 price of Federal from sgammo.com
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/364230 ... _-20161207

Post subject: Re: Sellier & Belloit 00-buck $80/250-rnd case DEAL
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:00 pm 
Limited Edition

FWIW, that is the dirtiest 12ga ammo I've ever run...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:03 am 
Tournament Grade

62-10 wrote:
FWIW, that is the dirtiest 12ga ammo I've ever run...

Dirty, but it runs. Have had zero issues with 200 rounds through my 590A1 and 870P. Powerful and cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

I've shot a bunch of it over the years. It is funky and crude, but it works in the pumps and doubles I've shot it in. That price ain't bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:11 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Gearz wrote:
... It is funky and crude, but it works ... That price ain't bad.

The S&B 00B load harkens back to pre-1963 buckshot put up in paper hulls by the big three US ammunition makers and later to those early 1960s plastic cased, fiber wad shells loaded by Remington.

Yes, 1963 was the year Winchester introduced buffered buckshot and plastic shot collars to the buckshot world with the revolutionary Mark V load. Hunters throughout the South were aghast at the tight patterns the Mark 5 load produced from their long choke bore deer guns!

In the early 1980s, Federal Ammunition shocked the buckshot world with spiral stacking of high antimony, copper plated buckshot, well buffered inside a plastic shot cup! This patented stacking method allowed the big pellets to flow rather than crush through forcing cone and choke constriction! Yes, Federal Premium 00B was touted from billboards along the Interstate Highways coursing through the Southland. Even rural gas stations and stores carried Federal Premium Buckshot!

Then as the century turned, Federal did it again! This time Federal's Flite-Control wad put tight pattern and cylinder bore in the same sentence!

'Tis a shame to think that well into the 21st century shooters, attracted by the siren song of cheaper prices, would turn back the clock, trusting once more in soft lead pellets scraping bare against barrel steel and once again launch those flattened and dented "Blue Whistlers."