ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: recoil pad on Magpul SGA: good enough or other suggestions?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:09 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have the Magpul SGA stock on a Mossberg 500. An adapter is available to use any recoil pad designed for synthetic 870 stocks. The pad included with the stock seems okay, but if other options are noticeably better in terms of shooting comfort or getting back on target faster, I'd like to try them.

Can anyone share their experiences on whether the SGA pad is worth replacing, and, if so, what would you recommend?

Post subject: Re: recoil pad on Magpul SGA: good enough or other suggestio
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:15 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have an SGA on my Mossberg 590A1, but I have owned several 870's over the years. While I was waiting for the SGA to arrive I was predisposed to replace the standard butt pad with the one for the 870, I would get one of the Limbsaver pads that would not only fit this SGA with the adapter, but also some of my other 870's.

After installing the SGA and using it for a while I decided that the standard butt pad was just fine and I should save my money. I have fired birdshot, buckshot, and slugs and the standard butt pad worked as it should. I'm happy that I did not spend any extra money getting a pad, the factory one is fine.