ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What do use in order to mount a flashlight and reddot?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 pm 
Utility Grade

I would like to mount a flashlight along with a red dot scope to my 20 gauge Franchi 720 semi auto. I want to have this for self defense and use it for night wild hog hunting. I what ways do y'all recommend I do this? Get a rail, some type of barrel attachment,etc? Thank you for the help.

Lanber Sporting Lux 2097 Over Under 12 Gauge
CZ Woodcock Deluxe 103FE Over Under 12 Gauge
Yildiz SPZ ME Special Over Under 12 Gauge

Post subject: Re: What do use in order to mount a flashlight and reddot?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:30 pm 
Crown Grade

Gorilla tape.:-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:00 pm 
Crown Grade

The simple solution to attach a red dot is to mount a scope base to the receiver. If the receiver isn't already drilled and tapped, take the gun to a competent gunsmith ot machinist and have them do the job. The trick is to find someone who has or can make the appropriate jig which will ensure the holes are aligned with the bore and not off center.

The light isn't much harder- screw and epoxy or bolt a short rail section onto the for end of the shotgun. The hard part is finding a light that will hold up to the recoil. You might luck out with a 20 ga but I found lights lights typically under $100 to fail with low recoil 12 ga loads, even in semiautos.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:37 pm 
Utility Grade

I saw the guns with this mount. You don't have to do anything yourself. But if you already have this kind of flashlight, you can attach it with a fishing line. And if not, then look for this kind of flashlights in stores. There are special flashlights that come with a mount for the gun. Just ask around in the stores. This is how I found a waterproof and shockproof flashlight . I just really needed a flashlight for my trip. And I couldn't find a suitable one anywhere. And I just went shopping and asked. With this way I found it.

Last edited by MackenzieSam on Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:38 pm 
Presentation Grade

Sniperhawglights.com Mounted under the barrel you'll see the outline of the shotgun barrel when mounted so it is similar to shooting in the daytime. Just point and shoot for me, no red dot.

Mount- https://sniperhoglights.com/shotgun-rifle-barrel-mount/

I leave the 38mm mounted under the barrel. I have a 66mm that will also fit under the barrel. However it does double duty around the house and gets mounted to the top of a rifle for longer range work. It wears their QD mount.

If I was starting over, I'd step up the Coyote Cannon. It takes different batteries so I'll stick with the 38LRX and 66LRX. I may add a second 66.

Ithaca 37 with 38mm Sniper Hawg Light. It's kept loaded with TSS #3 shot with 00 buck in reserve on the buttstock.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.