ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Which EoTech? XPS2-0 or XPS3-0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:25 am 
Utility Grade

Looking to put a eotech on my 300 blk out.

Curious to which one yall would choose

If my research is right the 3-0 is NV compatible, water resistant to 30 feet, QD mount, buttons on the side (kinda a plus for me probably due to my lazyness) 580$

The 2-0 https://tacticsfaq.com/holosun-hs510c-vs-eotech-xps2/ isn't NV compatible, water resistant to 10 feet, buttons on back sub 500$.

Also I beleieve the 3-0 reticle is different.

So my question is which one would yall do? I don't care for the NV for the time being but the big plus is the ease of access of the side buttons for the 3-0. But for 100$ more I'm being skeptical...

For those that have the 2-0 are the buttons that big of a deal?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by Gadityl on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Which EoTech? XPS2-0 or XPS3-0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
I have an older EOTech 552, and an EOTech EXPS3 with the 3x magnifier. After several years I still want but do not have night vision, although I figured it's better to have night vision compatibility with an EOTech than not have it.

I think that you might need one of the "Extreme" models, EXPS2 or EXPS3 for 300 black out. Ask L3.

The reticles on the models are the same according to suffix, that is, -0, -2, or -4.

Welcome to the Basement, Gadityl.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 am 
Utility Grade

Quote:
I have an older EOTech 552, and an EOTech EXPS3 with the 3x magnifier. After several years I still want but do not have night vision, although I figured it's better to have night vision compatibility with an EOTech than not have it.

Yeah, simple night vision monocular would solve this problem, I think. Or issues like those. I love to hunt with night vision or thermal vision scope, and I was testing a lot of scopes in different conditions, but the best scopes are definitely from AGM ( their website: https://www.agmglobalvision.com/ ), because they have a lot of variants and options to choose the exact model you need.

Last edited by juniorz028 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
Welcome to the Basement, juniorz028. The OP came back briefly to edit his post, but he did not reply to my post. I cannot remember exactly what he wrote originally, but IIRC it was not changed very much.

I think that with some more research the OP would choose the side buttons on the XPS3 or the EXPS3 if he intended to mount the EOTech x3 magnifier or a NV monocular behind it. My guess is that if $100 bothers someone, he is not going to invest in a tandem device, so he should save $100 and buy a rear button model, XPS2 or EXPS2.

I checked his profile and although he is interested in hunting, he is a police officer. That is significant because this is the Tactical/HD forum and it is not hunting oriented. The EOTech models have the benefit of undetectable operation. A deer does not shoot back, but a BG with NV might try to aim at someone using a lesser sight.

L3 wrote:
No Revealing Light Signature
All external optical surfaces of the HWS are flat and have anti-reflective coatings so no glare elimination filters are needed. The projected reticle is visible to only the operator. Even GEN-III night vision equipment cannot detect the muzzle-side signature of the HWS operator’s position...

Just as an EOTech HWS without night vision emits no muzzle-side signature, the EOTech HWS in night vision mode is also not detectable by enemy night vision surveillance systems, making it an effective stealth system.

Typically, a monocular night vision system and the HWS are mounted in tandem on the receiver of the weapon. The holographic reticle can also be witnessed with a head-mounted or helmet-mounted monocular night vision image intensifier system. This works even with a partial cheek weld on the weapon’s stock.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Gadityl wrote:
Looking to put a eotech on my 300 blk out. Curious to which one yall would choose...

When I went back to the L3 site, I noticed that the EOTech 300 Blackout has been available since Jun 2015, currently $567. https://www.eotechinc.com/holographic-weapon-sights/model-300

L3 wrote:
Congratulations on your recent purchase of the 300 BLK model XPS2. The 300 BLK model XPS2 is designed for use with 300 Blackout rifles and ammunition.