ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magazine Extension Tube
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:47 pm 
Utility Grade

I thought I had posted this a few minutes ago but I could not find it. I apologize if it turns into a double post. Hello everyone. I was a member a good while ago but life through me a couple of curve balls and the pulled me away. Anyway, I was hoping someone her might be able to help me.
I am looking for a two shot magazine extension tube for a Beretta 1301 Tactical. As far as I can tell from my research the Nordic Beretta 1301 Tactical MXT Extension Kit is the best choice but hard to find and I mean hard. I have found a few that I would call runner ups. Botach KZ, Carlson, Sure Cycle, Briley, Choate to name a few. Out of those the Botach KZ Beretta 1301 Tactical 2-Shot Magazine Tube Extension Kit looks decent. I just could not find much information on those. Very few reviews and discussion on the forums I frequent. As it is I am going through the forums that I know give reliable information when asked to do so. Anyone have any experience or suggestions with the ones I mentioned. Stay healthy.

Post subject: Re: Magazine Extension Tube
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

I've had magazine extensions for different guns from Nordic Components, Choate, Tacstar, Wilson Combat, and I really don't think there's enough of a quality difference to justify triple the price for the NC extension. I have 3 Choate extensions right now and have no complaints other than the crap followers. $145 is a lot for a magazine extension though. Also, I don't think such a short extension needs such a massive clamp; if you WANT one to mount a light or something, fine but it's short enough that it should be fine without one. It's just going to slow down disassembly/reassembly of the gun. The finish looks like it may not match but a $4 can of matte black rustoleum could fix that if it bothers you. If it were my gun, I'd get the KZ.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:05 am 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the info Misery556. The kit looks decent but I have read many negative reviews about the company and their CS.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

If it helps, I have a 1301T with the Nordic extension installed. Fits so perfectly that it appears factory [absolutely flush with the muzzle], and I've had no problems whatsoever in the ~200 rounds of slugs that I've fired through it. It was a little expensive, but then so was the 1301 to begin with. Both were worth it. I'd buy again.