ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Quality Shotgun Mounted Flashlight
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well, I have a very similar question to a previous poster, but instead of hijack his thread, I thought I'd just start my own.

My existing mounted light finally broke. It was a generic Korean-manufacture that held up very well for about six years, but I guess the recoil finally got to it. I'm looking for a new light of higher quality, to be [ironically] mounted on my Mossberg 590a1.

Budget: $50-100
Power: 100-200 lumens. I don't really have that much use for overpowered lights
Mount: already have a solid mount for 1.0" diameter lights
Type: Handheld that will fit in the mount I already have

I've been considering the Streamlight HL-X and 2L-X lights; does anyone have any experience with these? Worried about lights turning off under heavy recoil. That seems to be a problem with many lights.

Post subject: Good Quality Shotgun Mounted Flashlight
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

What kind light mount do you have on your 590A1. I have an 18.5” 590A1 and put a two shot extension on it. I have a Cdm Gear light mount.

http://www.cdmgear.com/MTR.html

For my light I have Streamlight TRL-1s. I have had the switch plate fall off since it all plastic. I bought a few replacements switch plates. Pretty easy to replace but wish the has steel in them so they wouldn’t break. I have shot 1000 of rounds with the light attached.

I also have a 20” 590A1 and use this light mount from Elzetta.

https://www.elzetta.com/product/zsm/

Post subject: Re: Good Quality Shotgun Mounted Flashlight
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

tschlemm wrote:
What kind light mount do you have on your 590A1. I have an 18.5” 590A1 and put a two shot extension on it. I have a Cdm Gear light mount.

I have a L&M Single Ring Light Mount like this [not my gun, but demonstrates]

It's extremely solid, I just need a new flashlight to mount in it. I had considered the CDM solutions as well, but while they look very high quality, they also appear to offset the light farther from the barrel than the L&M.

What sort of light are you using in the Elzetta?

Post subject: Re: Good Quality Shotgun Mounted Flashlight
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

adcard7 wrote:
tschlemm wrote:

I have a L&M Single Ring Light Mount like this [not my gun, but demonstrates]

It's extremely solid, I just need a new flashlight to mount in it. I had considered the CDM solutions as well, but while they look very high quality, they also appear to offset the light farther from the barrel than the L&M.

What sort of light are you using in the Elzetta?

It is an Elzetta Bravo (2 cell) light. They are rather expensive and outside your price range. It this is the L&M ring you have there are suggestions on what light to use. These are Surefire ones and I have no experience with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Single-Shotgun-Magazine-Tubes-Mount/dp/B003V0DANU/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1HDGB02IV433C&dchild=1&keywords=l%26m+single+ring+shotgun+magazine+tubes+mount&qid=1592523858&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=L%26M%2Csporting%2C257&sr=1-1