ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Knoxx Recoil Reduction Stock
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anyone have experience with these? I figured I'd share my experience. Not good! There is a reduction in recoil that is felt. I had one on a 870 Police I built up myself and tried it on a Wilson Combat Standard Model about 10 years old.

I found it softest shooting in the extended position but too long a length of pull. Fully closed felt the best length of pull wise but was hard on the cheek during recoil. My biggest complaint was it caused me to short stroke the 870. Frankly I didn't make the connection at first.

Initially I had a bout 1k slug and buck through my built up 870. After the Knoxx I was short stroking and I was thinking the action was sloppy and needed a smith to check it out. I added a Magpul SGA and like some kinda voodoo no more short stroking. I've come to really like the Magpul SGA stock.

Post subject: Re: Knoxx Recoil Reduction Stock
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I thought they quit making these.

I bought mine about 12 years ago and it works as advertised.

Post subject: Re: Knoxx Recoil Reduction Stock
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

Knoxx makes a different style than the original but they still make em. I have seen them on Nighthawk shotguns. I have the original gen that I believe you are thinking of.