ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Top Tactical Companies for a Remington 870 Conversion
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:28 pm 
Field Grade

I have a new Remington 870. I desire to send it to an outstanding company that holds a tactical specialization in order to convert it to the shotgun that I seek. I was considering the Border Patrol model by Wilson Combat as a possibility but I'm not locked in. I would use it for Home Defense as well. New butt stock, forearm, extension and springs, sights, ..... are being considered.

Which top flight companies can take the shotgun and convert it into an incredible tactical defensive shotgun. I need a few ideas.

Many thanks for your help...

Post subject: Re: Top Tactical Companies for a Remington 870 Conversion
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:16 am 
Tournament Grade

The top two that often come up are Wilson Combat, as you've mentioned, and Vang Comp. Nighthawk also does 870's. All of these options are expensive, by the way. Worth mentioning, changing barrels, adding a mag extension, replacing stocks and forends, etc can all be done at home without too much trouble. There are tons of articles and write-ups on modifying these shotguns. If you can afford one of those top-level companies working on your gun, go for it. But, it's really not all that difficult to do it yourself - more rewarding, too.