ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Pump Shotgun Stock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:23 pm 
Field Grade

Hi All! It's been a while since I've posted here. Been busy getting TactaLoad into full production. But, we are now producing and shipping stocks!

Since I had posted about this back in 2017, I though I would offer everyone here a special Christmas gift. For this forum I will extend our free accessories (LOP Spacers and Tactical Buttplate) offer until Christmas. I am already offering free shipping until Christmas. Just add the promo code "tac3" at checkout and the accessories will automatically be added to your cart, free of charge.

Post subject: Re: New Pump Shotgun Stock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:26 pm 
Field Grade

Since it has been a very long time since I've posted, I just want to re-introduce myself.

I'm the inventor and founder of TactaLoad. I've been in law enforcement for over 27 years, both state and federal. I'm retiring this year from the US Secret Service. I invented this gunstock to solve the issues we as law enforcement were having in the field with our issued pump shotguns. Specifically the issue of reloading this shooting platform quickly and easily under stress.

I love hunting and fishing. I especially enjoy bird hunting and use the TactaLoad FLASH-5 stock in the field. With a limitation of only three shells in my hunting shotguns, I've definitely had an advantage with this stock. This gunstock will hold all three size shotgun shells (2 3/4", 3" and 3 1/2").

I have numerous video's on the TactaLoad YouTube channel if you would like to see it in action.

In a world full of gimmicky products, I can promise you that this one delivers as advertised. It doesn't pretend to do anything more than help you reload faster than all of the "traditional methods". It's not cheaply made somewhere in a foreign land, it's manufactured right here in the US. As a (soon to be former) law enforcement Special Agent, I can ensure that this product will not fail you when you need it most. The FLASH-5 has been thoroughly tested by current and former military and law enforcement professionals, competitive shooters, casual shooters and hunters. Trust me when I say we have not been gentle with it. You can be confident that it will function perfectly after you've passed it down to the next generation.

So, if anyone has a question about me or the gunstock, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for giving TactaLoad a look and I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:38 am 
Field Grade

If you were wondering what the gunstock looks like (it's not really see through, just showing how the rounds look inside the stock).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Interesting.................

and I say that as a person who MIGHT be interested in one, to replace the over-top-folder (the old Remington-type) that has a 5-rnd rack on my Toros2002 I bought while in Turkey back in 2002 (thank you for buying the plane tickets anyhow, the tent was nice, as tents go).

The gun also came with a fixed stock, which was only on for Import Passage past Customs, but the big flat, barely covered plate on the stock is jarring to shoot, a pad would be nice, but impossible.

I'll have to look at the stock mating, perhaps get some measurments.......

Last edited by OldStufferA5#1911 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:52 pm 
Field Grade

Wow, now that's a rare shotgun around here indeed. I'd love to see a pic of it if you have one. I've worked in Turkey a few times and always intended to buy a shotgun over there but circumstances never worked out.

The FLASH-5 is only available for the Remington and Mossberg pump action 12 gauge shotguns at the moment. You would most likely need some sort of adapter unless it already fits one of the above mentioned pump guns stock. The length of pull is adjustable from 13 1/2" to 14" and 14 1/2" with the optional LOP spacers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:03 pm 
Crown Grade

Don't have any pictures, usually I can find a pic someplace on the internet, can't this AM for whatever reasons.

I bought 4 when I was there working Northern Watch, have shot 3 of the 4, just haven't gotten to #4.
Have shot 2 extensively (the Toros and a plain field gun I bought for hunting uses (that I dabble at skeet with)).
They've been good guns.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Can you dump all 4 shells into your hand at once a quad load?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 am 
Field Grade

Hi Ezra!

No, the shells inside the FLASH-5 must be removed individually.

I do however demonstrate how you can load two at a time using the FLASH-5 in my Halloween video on YouTube, but that would be a skill one would have to practice quite often to master and would really only be useful in a competition setting.

I designed the FLASH-5 to be more of an everyday accessory rather than a competition one. My intention was to provide a faster practical solution that doesn't require a lot of constant training or special skill to master. I know all too well how fast you lose fine motor skills in a "tense" situation, so the FLASH-5 was designed around a gross motor skill that can be accomplished even when your hands are shaking from adrenaline. I also didn't want the shooter to have to look at the shotgun while re-loading. And as a bonus, the FLASH-5 keeps your rounds safe, dry and clean until you need them without fear of knocking them off and losing them.

I have lots of demonstration video's on out TactaLoad YouTube channel and will soon have a demonstration video on the website under the "support" tab.

I realize a product can't be everything to everyone, but you really can't beat it for an easy upgrade for your everyday shooting life. The FLASH-5 might not help you win any trophies, but it sure will help you re-load your shotgun when you need it most.

Thanks for the great question Ezra!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:51 am 
Field Grade

Just a side note, I will extend the free shipping and free accessories until Christmas using the "tac3" promo code.

Merry Christmas everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Alright, I've taken some measurements of some things.....

My stock is 1-1/2" wide, it is 2" high where it mounts.
The flat-backed receiver has a "pad" that protrudes off the back, the stock is drilled to cover over it, 7/8" wide x 1/8" deep.
The receiver also has the back of the trigger mechanism extend past the back of the receiver, a "tab", 1/2" wide, extends backwards 3/8" or a hair less.

The stock you picture of course appears designed to nest inside a hollow-backed receiver.

Perhaps we can figure out something between us................

The folder I have on it (came with it) is extremely similar to the ATI Shotforce over-folder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:48 pm 
Field Grade

Hi OldStuffer,

After doing some research on your particular model shotgun, I'm sorry to say that it's not compatible with either model FLASH-5 we offer right now. I also couldn't find any sort of adapter to make it work. Thanks for the interest, sorry we couldn't accommodate you. Have a Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Hmmmm, what are the width and height of your stock where it mates to the receiver?

I am not entirely against Home Projecting it, but I don't want it too small to start with......

I am quite capable of certain amounts of sanding, grinding, and drilling.....