ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Mossberg 590A1 tactical hardware
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:08 am 
Field Grade

I own a relatively new Mossberg 590A1. I need to add tactical/home defense hardware to it. What are the best ideas and options to consider? I'm thinking buttstock/forearm/ .....HD is primary use. I like Magpul and Mesa Tactical. But, some of you may have great recommendations for items as sought. Ideas appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Need Mossberg 590A1 tactical hardware
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 am 
Limited Edition

I have the 590A1 Magpul edition so it cam with Magpul stock and foreend and XS sights. Love the Magpul stock! The Magpul foreend should have more stippling/grip texture, but I like the M-lock slots--I fir mine with a catilever inline rail and a light holder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:28 am 
Presentation Grade

My 590A1 sports a MagPul stock and a Sure Fire fore-end with built in light. I swapped out the factory safety for a S&J Hardware over sized safety. I added a velcro side saddle. I swapped out the factory follower for a S&J Type 2 follower (made to fit an 870, but it fits the 590A1 just fine) that is green in color. The black metal follower works fine, but my replacement is bright green in color so you can tell at a glance that your magazine is empty. The replacement follower also feels very different from a shell, again quickly letting you know that your magazine is empty. I replaced the magazine spring with a Wolf high power spring. One result of the follower and spring replacement is that magazine capacity is diminished by 1 shell, but the spring is not fully compressed thus lessening the chance that the spring will bind on itself and cause a failure.

One additional observation, the screw that attaches the ejector came loose during a class. This completely locked up the gun with the action open. This happened during a class. I had tools nearby but the jam came without warning and was only repairable with a screwdriver. Check yours frequently and consider using some lok-tite to secure the screw.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

One thing to consider as well is a side saddle to carry extra shot shells. They do make some that mount on the side of the receiver but choose a simple buttstock side saddle instead so I could take it off. You can have the side saddle mounted of the receiver is you have use two screws to secure it. I have the 6 round Specter Gear one.

http://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=062

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I suggest that you hang all the "tactical" junk that you can on it that you and your finance company can afford. Lasers, night vision devices, the obligatory bayonet, storage for at least 100 extra rounds and don't forget the tactical bottle opener. Just make sure everything is tactical. It has to be tactical.

Seriously, all you need is a magazine extension and a light.

Nothing else.

No pistol grip, no sling, no laser and no side saddle. Spend your money on shells and learn how to do a fast reload. Then you will have the the ultimate shotgun accessory, skill.