ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 06, 2021 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DIY cheek riser and shell carrier for 870!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

I wanted to raise the comb height on my 870 but not have to give up the shell carrier I had on the stock so I made a kydex cheek riser that's longer on one side to allow me to attach a shell carrier. I put velcro on both sides of the stock so I can adjust the height and it's surprisingly sturdy. The sights are perfect at this height; I just look at a target, bring the gun up, and I'm there. I'm very happy with the way this turned out.

Post subject: Re: DIY cheek riser and shell carrier for 870!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Nice. I recently saw a similar riser that someone made for a dedicated slug gun. It was made by cutting up a hollow plastic stock and attaching the comb in a similar position. I don't think it was removable though.