ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:54 pm 
Field Grade

vendors i have come to trust

Vang comp
mesa tactical
scattergun technologies
wilderness tactical
trijicon
brownells
cabelas
GG&G
midway USA
optics planet
cheaper than dirt
aimshot

hope this helps with future builds.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:41 pm 
Diamond Grade

The good, Cabellas' consistantly superior in all ways especially customer service

The Bad, Optics Planet They really fouled up my order.

The ugly, Optics Planet again after hosing my order they jerked me around with getting returned and refunded. Never again.

"You will receive power"
Acts 1:8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:20 pm 
Limited Edition

cansler wrote:
Anyone know about Alamo Tactical?

A couple of people have ordered from them, and seem to have had good experience with them, but i have not. I ordered a pair of Ergo Suregrip right handed AR grips from them for my 500 and future AR builds four weeks ago, and STILL have not received them due to what they say "Have not received a shipment of Ergo's from them." Four weeks is a bit rediculous to me. If they are having trouble getting Ergo's from the manufacturer, then why don't you try to find it from another source and send it to me. Plus, i had ordered a Mesa High Tube adapter a week after the Ergo, and that has not made it's way to me, either. When it had been a couple of weeks on the Ergo, i wrote them an e-mail asking what was going on. They gave me the haven't received from Ergo, yet, excuse. Then they asked me if i wanted my Mesa adapter drop shipped. They told me that they were waiting on the Ergo to come in so they could send them both, at once. I told them to just wait for the Ergo and then send both. I should have probably told them to send the Mesa and then the Ergo when it came in. Well, i wrote them another email a week later and told them to cancel the Ergo and to just send me my Mesa. I still haven't received a response on that, either. I'm SERIOUSLY considering on canceling the Mesa, also, and ordering it from Tacticalshotgunner.com. I've already ordered from them and had small problem with them, but they fixed it immediately. I am very pleased with them, and would order from, again. I asked if they price matched, and they do, but i wasn't sure about their listing of the Mesa High Tube with rail for the 500. It lists the receiver rail and the adapter rail in the description. I wanted to be certain of what rail comes with it before i order it. I only want the adapter rail. I am NOT recommending alamotactical.com to anyone. They do have a good selection of products, but their service is horrible. It takes more than 3 days to receive a reply from an e-mail. In this day and digital age, it should not take that long to receive and reply to an e-mail. If they have that much of a problem with that, then they obviously don't have enough people handling that service and need to hire more people for that. I don't have the time during the day to just call them, as i am busy at work. I am an auto tech at Honda, so my time IS my money. Anyway. That's my feelings on Alamo Tactical.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

Botac Tactical
I trust just about everything you guys say about venders so I watch carefully. But the first time I bought from Botac I did not know they were bad, all I knew is that they were $50 cheaper on the Streamlight TRL-1 than say Cabelas so I bought from them. Then I read that a person gets good service from them twice then they start bate and switch. OK, I only bought once so here I went. I waited until I finally found the right mount for my shotgun them today I make that second order with these guys. I bought two more TRL1 lights and a Spec Ops buttstock. It was a gamble but I have tracking number in hand and saved $100. My shotgum will finally be finished.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:33 am 
Utility Grade

Monkey wrote:
cansler wrote:

A couple of people have ordered from them, and seem to have had good experience with them, but i have not. I ordered a pair of Ergo Suregrip right handed AR grips from them for my 500 and future AR builds four weeks ago, and STILL have not received them due to what they say "Have not received a shipment of Ergo's from them." Four weeks is a bit rediculous to me. If they are having trouble getting Ergo's from the manufacturer, then why don't you try to find it from another source and send it to me. Plus, i had ordered a Mesa High Tube adapter a week after the Ergo, and that has not made it's way to me, either. When it had been a couple of weeks on the Ergo, i wrote them an e-mail asking what was going on. They gave me the haven't received from Ergo, yet, excuse. Then they asked me if i wanted my Mesa adapter drop shipped. They told me that they were waiting on the Ergo to come in so they could send them both, at once. I told them to just wait for the Ergo and then send both. I should have probably told them to send the Mesa and then the Ergo when it came in. Well, i wrote them another email a week later and told them to cancel the Ergo and to just send me my Mesa. I still haven't received a response on that, either. I'm SERIOUSLY considering on canceling the Mesa, also, and ordering it from Tacticalshotgunner.com. I've already ordered from them and had small problem with them, but they fixed it immediately. I am very pleased with them, and would order from, again. I asked if they price matched, and they do, but i wasn't sure about their listing of the Mesa High Tube with rail for the 500. It lists the receiver rail and the adapter rail in the description. I wanted to be certain of what rail comes with it before i order it. I only want the adapter rail. I am NOT recommending alamotactical.com to anyone. They do have a good selection of products, but their service is horrible. It takes more than 3 days to receive a reply from an e-mail. In this day and digital age, it should not take that long to receive and reply to an e-mail. If they have that much of a problem with that, then they obviously don't have enough people handling that service and need to hire more people for that. I don't have the time during the day to just call them, as i am busy at work. I am an auto tech at Honda, so my time IS my money. Anyway. That's my feelings on Alamo Tactical.

I to ordered from Alamo Tactical and was dissapointed. Ill never order from them again. I ordered a Mesa Tactcal barrel clamp with sling swivel and mount along with a sling and paid the extra 2nd day delivery. After slighly over a week I contacted them via email never recieving an answer. I then called. The woman said the order was waiting to ship because the sling was a drop ship item. I asked for her to go ahead and ship the clamp. I waited another week or longer then emailed again. Once again I never recieved a reply. Over a month later I get an email stating the items have shipped. A week later the items showed up at my door minus the sling. I waited over a month for an item they said was is stock. In my opinion thats crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Midwayusa- They may not be the cheapest but they have good CS
Ammotogo
CDM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

+1 for MidwayUSA.

I recently ordered directly from LimbSaver. The item I got wasn't what I needed (my fault, not theirs), I contacted them about exchanging, and mentioned that I hoped to have the replacement as soon as possible. They offered to send the replacement out before they even got the first one back. There was no hassle or extra work for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:25 pm 
Limited Edition

m4m249m19m590 wrote:
Monkey wrote:
cansler wrote:

I to ordered from Alamo Tactical and was dissapointed. Ill never order from them again. I ordered a Mesa Tactcal barrel clamp with sling swivel and mount along with a sling and paid the extra 2nd day delivery. After slighly over a week I contacted them via email never recieving an answer. I then called. The woman said the order was waiting to ship because the sling was a drop ship item. I asked for her to go ahead and ship the clamp. I waited another week or longer then emailed again. Once again I never recieved a reply. Over a month later I get an email stating the items have shipped. A week later the items showed up at my door minus the sling. I waited over a month for an item they said was is stock. In my opinion thats crazy.

Brother, i'm beginning to seriously think their site and business is a scam. Everyone is having the same exact experience. I had tried to place two different orders within a week or two of each other, and got fed up waiting for the order to go through, like a month after i tried to order from them. I wrote an them an email, giving them the specific orders, and told them to cancel them, because i wasn't happy with their service, and that i found the items i wanted, cheaper, in stock somewhere else, and had my items within 3-4 days. I get a notice in email like 3 months later stating that one of the orders, the latter one, had processed and shipped. I was like, WTF!!!!!!!!?????? They're lucky i had money in my account, because if i was waiting for a bill to clear, and they put me negative, i would have been HIGHLY pissed. I wrote them a reply the day i received the email and told them that apparently nobody can read, or doesn't read their emails, because i tried to cancel that order 3 months ago, and here they bill me and "say" they processed and shipped it. I had waited about a month, because i figured that's about how long it would take for me to receive the order that i had cancelled via email since that's what they tell you to do through their automated voicemail, and still haven't received the item. My initial email i told them to refund my money, and i would send the item back to them as soon as i receive it in the mail. I STILL haven't gotten a response to that email from about over a month ago. I tried to call them yesterday, only to get the auto voice mail, stating that they are closed on Sunday and Wednesday. So what do i do? Call today, to get the same dame message. I thought today is Thursday? So, what gives? If i don't get in contact with someone there, soon, The SIGHTF. I'm highly pissed, right now. I need that $138.00 that they charged me for another bill. I'm seriously considering making it my mission to tell anyone and everyone i know or who is thinking about ordering from them, to NOT TO. They are seriously bad news. How they are still in business with the business practices they have, is beyond all human understanding. All i know, is that i wished i had seen everyone's posts on her about them, before i decided to order from them. I'm seriously beginning to think i got burned, and now i'm going to have to take legal action. What's the point of having an email system, or phone number, if you're not going to answer them in a timely fashion? It's obvious that this is a one or two monkey show. If they're that busy, they need to hire more help.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:17 am 
Field Grade

http://www.aiptactical.com/
http://www.aimsurplus.com/
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

to name a few...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:47 am 
Diamond Grade

In God and Cabella's we trust...
Again had a slight problem with a item and Cablella's came thru with flying colors their customer service and policies are outstanding!

"You will receive power"
Acts 1:8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:13 pm 
Crown Grade

I've got to give major props to a couple of gear manufacturers I've gone with over the last couple of days.

http://www.gearsector.com/
Jason from GearSector (I believe JTrusty on this board) provides by far some of the best support and end user interaction I've experienced. My first go-round with GearSector was when I bought a GS-2P about a year ago. I ordered online and received my confirmation number, tracking number, and an email with Jason's contact information should I have any problems in a very timely fashion. The package arrived without delay and inside with my new sling was also a letter, hand signed, from Jason asking for any input good or bad about his product.

More recently, I called up Jason. I had been under the impression that the GS-3P was out and available. Sadly I was mistaken. After discussing my situation with Jason on the phone he went far, far, far, out of his way to make sure that I would have a GS-3P for my M16 as I deploy. Again, everything arrived in a timely fashion. I also don't think I've ever decided so quickly that I like a piece of gear. The GS-3P is by far the greatest sling I have ever used (and I've only had it for a few days). Jason makes good products at good prices and takes care of his customer base. Support him because he's awesome!

http://www.highspeedgearinc.com/
HSGI, this was a first time order from them for me. I've been eying the Popper Chest Rig (http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG-POP&cat=12) for a while, and only recently could I justify picking one up. Well of course I wanted it in a color that is not currently in stock, so I gave them a call. I don't remember the gentleman's name, but we chatted about chest rigs and up and coming concepts from HSGI for the better part of 45 minutes. For a small company they are ambitious and dedicated to producing a high quality product for the end user. As it turns out, they were in fact out of Khaki Popper Rigs. They agreed to sew one up for me with a few minor improvements that they've been playing around with recently. I explained that I needed it by a specific date and they assured me that it would arrive in time with express shipping. The day after placing my order I got a call from Topher (another gentleman with HSGI) letting me know that they bumped my order and got it done the day that I placed it! He wanted to let me know that they could still get my new rig to me by the discussed date, but they could save me about 40 bucks if they downgraded it to regular shipping! I know a lot of places that wouldn't bother speeding up production of anything to get it to a customer faster, let alone call back to save them shipping costs. HSGI, you guys rock!

Worth mentioning, Tactical Tailor ( http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.aspx) and BlueForceGear (http://www.blueforcegear.com/) have been pleasant to deal with and produce quality products. I will continue to support them with my patronage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

A few guys seem to have been pretty well jerked around by Optics Planet. I've bought from them several times over the last year and have gotten excellent service. I returned one item and very quickly got a different item as a replacement and a credit for the difference in price. Here's an offhand observation.

They sell or at least list on their site everything from pocket knives to spare parts for nuclear reactors. There's no way they can keep all that stuff in stock, in retail you've got to 'turn your inventory' to stay in the black. If an item says "new", there's a good chance it's not actually in stock. I've called and asked if there was any way to tell if an item is actually in stock from the web pages. The answer I got was "no, you have to call customer service to check availability". They may list a "new" item on the site to test how many orders they'e going to get before they actually buy it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Has anyone used Cobra Tactical?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 pm 
Utility Grade

Ordered a couple of bore snakes and a buttstock sleeve from CTD early afternoon on Friday 03-05. Recieved an order confirmation immediately. A couple of hours later I get an email stating my item has shipped and "expected" delivery date is 03-06. I didn't get my hopes up, though. Today the kindly FEd Ex man dropped my package at my door.

Really? ONE DAY? Cheaper Than Dirt is truly awesome.

Botach can't get an order right, takes days to acknowledge my existence, and ships the wrong crap. I had problems with them a few years ago and all but gave up on them. I've ordered CR123's over the years with success and had heard they were turning around their customer service dept. so I gave them another go. I have genuinely learned my lesson this time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anybody have any experience with Smartgunner.com? I placed an order on Sat 02-27 and got the usual email confirmation. The following Thursday I emailed them for my order status as the "My account" page only stated "in-progress", whatever that means. As of today I have not received a reply.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

I guess I'll add Smartgunner.com to the list of OK vendors. Product arrived today (however it came directly from the manufacturer, Mesa Tactical). So I guess they are OK escept for the lack of communication.

Smartgunner has high quality products at excellent prices and is currently offering free shipping. I purchased a Mesa LEO stock kit for my Hawk 982 for $145 shipped! Now it's time to install.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 pm 
Utility Grade

it's probably on here somewhere but I've had good experiences with budsgunshop online. gunbroker, and havlin sales and service

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

I'd like to say thanks to Mesa Tactical for making things right with my recent order.

I ordered a low tube adapter, and for some reason they shipped it in a bubble wrap envelope instead of a box. It arrived at my doorstep empty with the seal open, and a stamp from my post office saying it arrived there unsealed.

So naturally I'm furious and call the dealer who sold it to me and he and I both call Mesa Tactical and they are now shipping me one overnight and should arrive Monday. Turns out the dealer doesn't stock much and has them shipped directly from Mesa Tactical.

Someone out there either stole it or it fell out of the envelope during sorting but I'm glad it worked out because I would be pi***d if I was out $100 because it was shipped in an envelope.

And Solo as my pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:04 pm 
Limited Edition

kittery trading post has been honest to deal with

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It isn't shotgun related, but I'm going to add Comp-tac holsters to the list. High quality products at a decent price. The kept me well informed durring the manufacturing process and met their estimated time for completion. They also dropped a roll of smarties in with my holster. (mmmmmm) Put them on the "good guys" list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next