ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

TexasNativeDRJH wrote:
I'd like to say thanks to Mesa Tactical for making things right with my recent order.

I ordered a low tube adapter, and for some reason they shipped it in a bubble wrap envelope instead of a box. It arrived at my doorstep empty with the seal open, and a stamp from my post office saying it arrived there unsealed.

So naturally I'm furious and call the dealer who sold it to me and he and I both call Mesa Tactical and they are now shipping me one overnight and should arrive Monday. Turns out the dealer doesn't stock much and has them shipped directly from Mesa Tactical.

Someone out there either stole it or it fell out of the envelope during sorting but I'm glad it worked out because I would be pi***d if I was out $100 because it was shipped in an envelope.

ok so my new adapter was reshipped to me. This one also arrived in an unsealed bubble wrap envelope, but thank GOD a postal employee rounded up all the small parts and put them in a bag and resealed the envelope. If this hadn't happened I would have been screwed again and Mesa Tactical probably wouldn't believe my situation the second time around.

I LOVE Mesa Tactical products but their shipping department could use some cardboard boxes and a corporate FedEx rate like we have at my job. I do shipping for a large company that manufactures pipe repair enclosures for refineries and power plants, and everything gets shipped in double wall thickness boxes rated for 120lbs even if the parts only weigh 3lbs.

Granted none of this is directly their fault but some preventative measures on their part could stop some headaches.

And Solo as my pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

RCBS
I recieved (stole) a pro-2000 progressive reloader from my dad who never used it and never set it up but lost all the small peices that came with it. I emailed RCBS about getting replacement parts, some are just springs but other are milled steel bushings that sell for $5-$8. They emailed me back and said the parts were on the way. $30 worth of parts and $5 shipping and I didn't pay anything.
+1 to RCBS customer support.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

Much thanks to Scott aka Candewman of CDMGear for fast communication and shipment of a top notch product. MT Clamp=Win

The cost to quality ratio is outstanding, and the bolt is stronger than you would think a small Allen head bolt could be. You can really crank it down with no worry of possibly stripping the head, the wrench is a tight fit and would probably wear out before the bolt head.

Look for a more detailed review w/ pics soon.

And Solo as my pilot

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:18 pm 
Utility Grade

I can vouch for the following:

Del-Ton (Awesome, simply awesome)
44mag.com (great deal on mags)
Bravocompanyusa.com (good deal on GI mags and parts)
Coles Distributing (f'ing fast shipping)
surplusammo.com (great quality AR lowers and reasonable ammo)
Gander Mountain (high $, but the have it)
Cabela's (high $, high quality, great sales)
Scheels (excellent one on one service)
Whittakers ("all prices are bottom dollar, boys")

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:00 pm 
Diamond Grade

Just had Remington warranty a front swivel post assembly missing (actually built/sold without) from the barrel clamp on an 870 Express.

Other notable and stand-up vendors:
MidwayUSA (a mainstay: selection and fast shipping)
Cabelas (clearance sales and they held pre-Obama pricing on back-ordered AK ammo until delivered May'09)
LaRue Tactical (outstanding products and people, tactical beverage entry tools and 'Dillo Dust)
Tango Down (let me trade up a forend grip for a new QD model)
Clark Custom (custom service and 10/22 triggers)
Krebs Custom (innovative and quality AK builds)
Nighthawk Custom (true custom 1911s and absolute service)
LimbSaver (warrantied a melting R3 pad)
TDS-US.com (SG ammo)
44mag.com
tadgear.com (selection: knives and critical survival gear)
CDNN (mag prices and $10-for-as-much-as-you-want-to-order shipping)
Tactical Tailor (material and sewing quality of gear)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 pm 
Field Grade

Well i can say with confidence that Brownells and Numrich are great sites to buy, i live in Argentine and they did send me the product i did order in time, seven days and to my door.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:05 pm 
Field Grade

in ____LWS____ we trust

(L.W. Seecamp Company, a CT firearms manufacturer, builds small semi-automatic pistols in .32 and .380 for self defense)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:18 pm 
Utility Grade

I've ordered from just about all the major ammunition retailers online by now. Midway and Cabelas certainly get packages in the mail and answer their phones -- no complaints here. Especially when it comes to reloading components.

Ammunition To Go, however, really deserve some praise. Their customer service is truly superior, with outstanding communication. Their selection can't be beat, and they remain the place I go for ammo that just can't be had locally.

There is no substitute for receiving large boxes of premium shotgun ammo in the mail.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:40 pm 
Utility Grade

wyatt earp wrote:
Anybody have any experience with Smartgunner.com? I placed an order on Sat 02-27 and got the usual email confirmation. The following Thursday I emailed them for my order status as the "My account" page only stated "in-progress", whatever that means. As of today I have not received a reply.

I think you were one of the lucky ones , Wyatt.

I recently ordered a mesa tactical LEO adapter, they charged my credit card right away.
The web page showed the item in stock when I ordered. After my order the web page showed out of stock.
I thought "Great , I got the last one."

A week goes by, no product or shipping email. I call 4 times, leave 2 voicemails, wrote several emails.

Never heard anything from him. So...

Cancelled the credit card charge and ordered the same product from tactical shotgunner .com.

Talked to a real person when I called. She said that Mesa was having some QC issues with the product, she had talked to them the day before and that it would about 2 weeks before they were available.

She was nice, she was informed and they will get more of my business in the future.

Like most people, I don't mind waiting, but want to know what's going on.

Post subject: Re: re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:58 pm 
Utility Grade

It sounds like everything with this company is OK unitl they send something that does not work. I bought a product that showed up 15 days later and did not work. I could not get the people from personal securityzone.com on the phone so I sent and email. The send you straight to the manufacturer. Once I got them to call me, Mary Kay made it very clear to me that she did not care by stateing " I dont care that we sent you a broken product" and "no you cannot explain you situation to me". I even asked if she cared that I was going to use her quotes to the credit card company, manufacturer etc and she said "I dont care what you do"
Bottom line, your are taking a huge risk with this company who apparently does not care about the customer and only care about their getting paid.
I have wiated 15 days for a broken product and all I can do is go to the manufacturer pay for shipping to them and wait another month before I get my product and Mary Kaysays she "does not care".
I would not suggest using them for anything becuase they apparently do not care about making the customer happy.

mka wrote:
Try calling us at (775) 841-1193 if you're worried about doing business with PersonalSecurityZone.com and would like more information.

The Virginia address you noticed on the networksolutions registration is the address for a networksolutions office, not ours. So, looking at domain name reg. info can be helpful but not always complete.

We do not serve a local storefront and are strictly a mail order business, therefore do not give the address of our company for obvious security reasons, since we are an FFL dealer. However if you call, you will get an answer or a prompt reply if you leave a message. There are two employees who answer the phone, but lines can (and do) fill up.

PersonalSecurityZone.com is a Nevada Corporation registered with the State of Nevada. We have been in business as an FFL dealer and shooting sports / security products store online since January 2001. We have several sources for products, and whenever possible we have orders shipped directly from the warehouse of the distributor, so yes your order may come from Texas instead of Nevada, because it is faster more efficient.

If you see it on our site, it is in stock and available for sale. We do not display items that are out of stock (accurate within the last 23 hrs). Our web site is updated every morning M-F with actual inventory counts from the warehouses, so you only see items that are actually in stock at 7:45 AM before we start business for the day. There is an explanation of our inventory counts on our help page just click on the HELP link on the top right of the PersonalSecurityZone.com home page or on the help link that is on every page on the site.

Some products, such as firearms, air rifles, air pistols, haz mats, ammo and other products that are controlled in some states (high cap mags for example) must be received here in our office before shipping to customers, because these can not be shipped to some localities. We ship them out within hours of the time they are received here.

No, we do not stock a load of rifles, ammo and other items here in our office. We do not have customers coming to a store front. We decidate ourselves to answering online customer questions, doing a few helpful things like mounting tac lights to shotguns if someone asks for that, and providing good products for a good price.

If an item proves problematic, and we get customer complaints, we immediately remove it from our site. Yesterday I had to remove an entire manufacturer's grips, because 2 customers complained that they were finished poorly and had to be sanded in order to fit their pistols. We would rather not sell flaky products, so we don't.

We have a good track record, and your purchases are all covered by credit card and fraud protection guarantees.

You can get $5 off any order by entering promotional code TJA5 in the promotional code field that is at the top of your order form. This is like getting your shipping for below our cost, actually, and it really helps if you order something that costs very little, like those special rings you need but that cost less than the shipping!

Please note: we do our best to describe items correctly. But you still need to be able to self-serve, which means seeing things like the difference between "AR" and "AK" when choosing an item to order, so please if you have any questions about an item CALL or EMAIL us before placing your order. We will always look it up and get back to you.

Thank you for reading about PersonalSecurityZone.com

Mary Kay
(775) 841-1193

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Nothing but praise for these guys: http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php ... otgun-ammo

They have a great selection & great follow thru after the sale.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:21 pm 
Field Grade

Gun Connection....

my experience leads me to believe HE is someone to be careful in dealing with......

Below is excerpts of emails we exchanged which outline my dealings with him.....

On 07/20/2010 05:44 PM, GJG wrote:

> Craig,
>
> I ordered my extension on 5/1 and have been given 3 different schedules as you can see below
>
> on 5/4 I had received no confirmation of shipping so i inquired if it had shipped
>
> on 5/4 you responded as quoted below.
>
>> Sorry it's at least a 4 week wait. I make extensions for other shotguns as well, that no one offers extensions for. 590A1 & 500 Tactical Breacher 18.5" barrel are two. I can give you a refund. Let me know
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> CRAIG PRINCE ==GUN CONNECTION==
>> [email protected]
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> I told you to proceed that i wanted it and 5 weeks later on 6/14 after i inquired about my order you replied with the following:
>
>> It will be a couple of weeks.
>>
>> [email protected]
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> your latest reply 3 1/2 weeks later on 7/8 after i inquired once again was:
>
>> It has been taking around 3 months to get orders out because I have so many. I run a firearms business as well. I will be out of town for a week on business until the 16th and will get you taken care of when I get back. If you need a refund I will take care of it when I get back.
>>
>> Sorry
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> [email protected]
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> That is 3 different delivery schedules. i have been very patient....paid in advance....but as you may imagine I am getting worried. I am sorry you run a firearms business as well but i would hope you can see where I may be losing confidence in you. i have read good reviews about your extensions on several different forums and still want the one i paid for.
>
> I would hope that you would fulfill your latest schedule and have my order shipped within the next week. I believe that would be approx 90 days/3 months.
>
> Thanks

His latest reply On 07/29/2010 08:13 PM, GUN CONNECTION wrote:

> It's going to be a little longer

On 08/08/2010 03:33 PM, I wrote:

> look....i have been patient.....
>
> send the item i paid for or refund my money.....

received the following from him 8/22 11:37pm

Quote:
I going to send your order.

THANKS

CRAIG PRINCE ==GUN CONNECTION==
[email protected]
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645

still don't have my extension....i recommend thinking twice before dealing with him......

see here for other unhappy customers:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=321984
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=795598
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1079688

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:48 am 
Utility Grade

Really want to toss in a very positive + vote for CDM gear, and Scott. I was needing a Q/D swivel mount for my 870 HD shottie, After looking through many sites I saw CDM mentioned on this website, Looked into their product line and really liked the way they done their barrel/mag-tube clamp and accessories that work with it, even so being kinda a newb to tactical shotgun stuff I had questions. Well Scott patiently [at least at my end] worked me through lack of knowledge and guided me through ordering the BMT mount for my 870.
Would not hesitate going to them FIRST again for gear.
thanks again Scott and to the people ad CDM gear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:19 am 
Limited Edition

AR10Tfan wrote:
Really want to toss in a very positive + vote for CDM gear, and Scott. I was needing a Q/D swivel mount for my 870 HD shottie, After looking through many sites I saw CDM mentioned on this website, Looked into their product line and really liked the way they done their barrel/mag-tube clamp and accessories that work with it, even so being kinda a newb to tactical shotgun stuff I had questions. Well Scott patiently [at least at my end] worked me through lack of knowledge and guided me through ordering the BMT mount for my 870.
Would not hesitate going to them FIRST again for gear.
thanks again Scott and to the people ad CDM gear.

Ditto on the above post. Scott is willing to go the extra mile to assure his customers are happy an get the correct products for their needs. Great quality products with friendly service, just can't go wrong. Wishing him an his company continued success.
doc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Desert01 (Pro Patria Inc) is good to deal with. Rob is very knowledgable as well.

http://www.weaponevolution.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

m24shooter wrote:
Desert01 (Pro Patria Inc) is good to deal with. Rob is very knowledgable as well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence M24. I'm not realy a "retail" operation, but I do what I can.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:43 am 
Tournament Grade

A couple I wanna mention based on my personal dealings;

CDM Gear
http://www.cdmgear.com/
My dealings began with a purchase, and the product is superb, easily comparable to other like products and the price is great. Shipped in a reasonable amount of time, and exceeded my expectations in terms of quality and value, excellent construction. Scott has been great to work with as I have other things planned.

Hogue Grips
http://www.getgrip.com/
I havent purchased from Hogue, but I have a customer who wanted me to fit a shell holder to his 12" LOP Hogue stock, and wasnt comfortable with shipping his stock to me. So I called Hogue and requested some specs on the stock. I was put in touch with a rep and he said he'd make it easy on me and send me a stock, just to ship it back when I'm through. I received the stock as promised. This alone is enough to make me a customer should I need anything, and I think I might! I still have a Mossy that could use a bit of love!

[email protected]
[email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:41 am 

If you're considering a purchase from Minotaur Arms / http://www.tacticalshotgunaccessories.com, you might want to take a look at this thread first:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=236828&start=0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

+1 for Pro Patria.

Wouldn't think twice about doing business with them again. Fast shipping, great communication and customer service.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:51 pm 
Field Grade

CDM is good peeps!
mesa tactical is good peeps!
tacticalshotgunner is good peeps!

gun connection should be avoided...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next