ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:27 pm 
Crown Grade

I only wish CTD would lower it's shipping... :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

http://www.tradingpostsupply.com/

Great deals but products not as described,Very poor customer service, they put there problems off on other people. I wouldn't deal with them again. Beware!!!

Last edited by dasanii19 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

zombie wrote:
I only wish CTD would lower it's shipping... :cry:

Agreed. That's the main reason I have ordered very little from them lately.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Gotta add a big thumbs up for Blue Line Gear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:56 am 
Field Grade

I just got my Surefire fore end from brightflashlights yesterday (ordered it on Friday) I paid way less than I could find it for any where else ($197 shipped and insured)! I have heard nothing but good things about Calvin on this forum so I will add

Brightflashlights (352) 732-2156

to my list, sorry if someone else already listed him I didn't see it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:56 am 
Tournament Grade

Second that on brightflashlights. Service is great! Prices are also great!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:22 pm 
Field Grade

I have to give props out to the guy that hooked me up with my Mossberg 590A1. He answered emails and phone calls promptly, was very friendly and understanding of a "newbie" and he delivered the goods. He is:

RON OLDLAND
652 ANGILINE DR.
BOARDMAN OHIO 44512
330-318-8188 PHONE & FAX
http://WWW.EXPERTOUTFITTERS.COM

Cheers,
R.W.Brennan

Mossberg 590A1

'There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats.'
~~H.L. Mencken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:52 am 
Field Grade

If any of you guys are on http://ar15.com/ also, and in need of Surefire products, give a guy with the username Brightflaslights a holler. You can IM him here... http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=142&t=142230. Just click on the "IM User" or "Email User" button.

As an example, he gave me a price of $197 for the Surefire 618fa 6 volt fore end and $237 for the Surefire 918fa 9 volt fore end. Both prices include shipping. I've gotten several things from him. He has awesome prices that I've never seen beat and even more awesome customer service. His name is Calvin. I got the 918 and I can't wait for it to get here.

Edited to add: I completely missed the other two posts just above about Brightflashlights. I guess my eyes weren't what they used to be, lol. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:45 pm 
Crown Grade

terd ferguson wrote:
If any of you guys are on http://ar15.com/ also, and in need of Surefire products, give a guy with the username Brightflaslights a holler. You can IM him here... http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=142&t=142230. Just click on the "IM User" or "Email User" button.

As an example, he gave me a price of $197 for the Surefire 618fa 6 volt fore end and $237 for the Surefire 918fa 9 volt fore end. Both prices include shipping. I've gotten several things from him. He has awesome prices that I've never seen beat and even more awesome customer service. His name is Calvin. I got the 918 and I can't wait for it to get here.

Edited to add: I completely missed the other two posts just above about Brightflashlights. I guess my eyes weren't what they used to be, lol. :D

that's okay... multiple testimonials only add more street cred... glad to see this thread is being used and perused...

"It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. That's what it's all about, when everyone else is huddled around the campfire somebody has to go out in the dark and fight." –Reverend Db

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

I can vouch for cabelas and sportsmans guide which I have just recently fallen in love with

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:45 pm 
Field Grade

I have had great experience with

Tadgear.com
Midway
Brownells
Mesa Tactical
Knoxx
Glockmeister
Bowers Tactical

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:45 pm 
Field Grade

I can vouch for...

Mesa Tactical
Island Tactical
Cabelas
Brownells
Spectre Gear
Wilson Combat
Springfield Armory
Numrich
Hornet Products

Can't however share your sentiments for Cheaper than Dirt though...

I ordered almost $600 worth of gear from them, and found the service to be crap. After 2 weeks, working days, and no packages recieved. I called customer service and was informed that one of the items I ordered went on backorder between my order placement, and the order going to the warehouse. The nice lady said they won't ship until all the items are available, unless they get customer permission to ship multiple packages. And thats fine, but nobody ever contaced me to get my permission or inform me of the situation. But she said everything was in stock now so she would make sure it was shipped out right away. So another week passes and I wind up recieving 2 packages anyway. Plus the Eotech I ordered for my M1A was missing. So another call to customer service was in order. After 10 minutes on hold I got an operator who didn't seem to know what was going on. After another 10 minutes on hold, while she talked to the guys in the warehouse, I was informed the Eotech went on backorder. My money was refunded and I went back to Island Tactical for an Eotech. Should be here next week.

Just thought you should know. CTD has alot of cool stuff, but that kind of service is unexcuseable IMO. I'm glad you other folks have done well with them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:26 pm 
Utility Grade

Havent done to much online ordering but I can vouch for

Tactical Shack - www.tacticalshack.com

Not only did they have Knoxx stocks for $15-20 cheaper then anybody else. I got it in less then 24 hours when I paid for UPS ground (3-5 days).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:16 pm 
Field Grade

More props for Calvin at Brightflashlights. He gave me a great price on my M3X and shipped FAST.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:34 pm 
Crown Grade

link, please? it'll help the new guys... and me :lol:

"It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. That's what it's all about, when everyone else is huddled around the campfire somebody has to go out in the dark and fight." –Reverend Db

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

Calvin from Brightflashlights can be found at http://www.brightflashlights.net/ which is still under construction, and will refer you directly here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:54 am 
Field Grade

When I got back from shooting today I was taking my 870 the one with the Hogue tamer grip from its case and it slid out the end grip first and hit the carpet from about one foot high. When it did the grip broke off at the line where the over-molding starts. Am I expecting too much to expect it to hold up to more abuse than that? Heck it was no more than a foot and it hit a carpeted floor!

So my question is would you expect Hogue to replace it or is it to much abuse for the grip? I sent them a e-mail and I'll see what they say Monday.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hogue replied to my e-mail yesterday before I could call, actually twice. Here is their 1st reply.

We are looking into this quality problem. I will, without hesitation, send you another grip. I am very sorry for any problems this may have caused. I will make sure that a new grip gets sent out to you ASAP. I will keep you informed as I research this problem. We have not experienced this before. I would like to have the grip back so we can look at it. If this is a material failure I will need to contact my plastics vendor to address the problem. I will send a UPS Call tag for the broken grips.

Once again I am sorry for this failure of our product. It should not brake like that.

Thank you,

David Wahlenmaier
Operations Manager
Hogue, Inc.

Here is the second

I am sorry to hear about your grip breaking.

I would like to send a call tag out to you so that we can pick it up and check it out and see what happened.

In addition, I would like to send you out a new grip to replace that one.

I am sure that the next should have no problems.

Warmest Regards,

Tonya Hogue
[email protected]
800-GET-GRIPx 206

Great customer service!

Just an update.

"Dear Charles,

I wanted to drop you a quick email and let you know that your grip is on its way. Unfortunately, we had a slight delay and it is leaving our offices today.

Thank you for returning the grip and I apologize again, for the delay.

Warmest Regards,

Tonya Hogue
[email protected]
800-GET-GRIP x 206"

Ups tracking shows that the replacement will be here today.
Just wanted to update you guys on what is going on. When I receive it I will try to post this thread on the "in___________ we trust;vender props" thread
Hogue seems to really stand behind their product I am glad to see there are some good ones left!

I got the replacement grip today via UPS. I intentionally replicated the first brake and it broke again in the exact same spot! I called Hogue and them assured me that they are looking into the problem. I explained that I have their grips on several of my guns and that I now have no confidence in the products what so ever. I also let David know that I have recommended their grips to others via gun forums and that I would hate to be the cause of someone mistrusting their products. David told me that he would get back with me on what the problem is.

I would normally hate to say this but PLEASE do not use any of their plastic reinforced grips for anything other than range use! I let David know that if I had not heard back from him in one week that I would contact him to see if he had found what the problem is. I also volunteered to send him the broken replacement grip to examine, David said that it was not necessary he had the first one sitting one his desk

Here is the e-mail that he sent me.

"We will credit your card for the original purchase of this product. I am setting up a R&D lab for this product. We will make this product better due to you notifying us. I am very sorry that you were the one to bring this to our attention. We will be able to fix this problem and when we do I will send you one at no charge. I assure you that we test all of our products at the range. This is a failure that we are taking very serious and we will fix. I will stand behind all of our products and I hope to stand behind this one again very soon.

Thank you,

David Wahlenmaier
Operations Manager
Hogue, Inc."

Just to be clear I am not trying to something for free. All that concerns me is how many defective grips that are out there.

Yesterday I get a call from Pat Hogue V.P. of Hogue. He is calling in regards to the problem I am having with the Hogue Tamer. First he lets me know that they really looking into the problem and are already working to strengthen the area of the of the grip that broke. Pat tells me that they are looking at different polymers and at a different design to correct the problem. He asks if I have a stock for my 870 until they have the problems worked out, I tell him that I don't and he says that he will have his people make me a custom Tamer with steel rods to reinforce the grip! He also asks if I would like to get a couple of the new grips for testing when they work out the flaws. Of course I said yes! After another 15 minutes more or so of shooting the $hit I let him go. I must add that he is very nice, polite and a pleasure to talk to.

That is the best customer service I have ever seen, period!! Hogue definitely just took a huge step up in my book!

I received my custom 870 Hogue Tamer. As promised it has been re-enforced with what appears to be a .25" steel rod running the length of the grip. Just for good measure I once again did the drop test and it passed with flying colors!

Now I can't what to receive the newly designed versions to test them out! I must say that Hogue goes Way out of its way to make its customers happy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:32 pm 
Limited Edition

Hogue is one of our suppliers (we use their AR-15 grip on our stock kits), and our impression is that they are a first class operation all the way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

Cabelas-
Got my turkey choke and knoxx stock from them, shipping too like 3 days? Great prices, great quality.
My dad even bought a Knight Muzzleloader from them awhile back, they sent the wrong scope mount kit to him, so they let him keep it and overnighted the replacement. Can you ask for anything more?
Update:
Hogue-
Bought my forend directly from them, shipping and processing took about a week, arrived packaged solidly (box inside of a box). They're trustworthy.

Last edited by notagghardcore on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

Chaser - That is one increadible account of a company looking out for it's customers! I'm extremly impressed with Houge's professionalism and comitment to it's customers.

I'vwe only used one of thier grips on one of my .44 mag. and I thought the quality was very good. After reading about how hard they worked to keep you happy, I wound NOT hesitate to buy thier products.

It's too bad about the particular grip you bought. There isn't anything man made that hasen't have some type of issue at one point or another. I think what's more important on how a company stands behind thier products & supports thier customers.

Thanks dfor posting your story!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next