ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:24 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks to Brownells for quickly fixing a problem. One of my orders was for Rem. 870 2&3 shot extended magazine springs, they sent me the 1-shot extended version instead, but they quickly re-shipped me the correct ones.

Thanks !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

anyone ever use thegunsource.com???? i found a really good deal on something and wondering if they are any good or not....thanks guys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:47 pm 
Field Grade

I will always trst in;

Surefire lights
Wilson Combat
Knoxx
Blackhawk Tactical
Eo Tech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:49 pm 
Limited Edition

Uscavalry.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

Props:

http://opticsplanet.com
http://gunaccessories.com
Tactical Tailor
Blackhawk Tactical
Wilson Combat
My local Army Surplus Store :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:18 pm 
Presentation Grade

MadMex wrote:
"...Botach sucks big time. They’re a classic bait and switch operation. The first transaction or two goes fine, and then they fail miserably. They are now on my junk mail filter list..."

Although I've made a couple of purchases from them without any problem, they've got a nasty habit of sending a never ending stream of unsolicited advertising to your inbox once they have your email address.

When a company shows such little consideration by SPAM'ing people who have already given them business, it makes you wonder who else they sell your email address to.

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Things I trust my life to:
Surefire
Oakley
Benchmade-Some troll zombie stole my knife out of the mail when I sent it to them for sharpening. They custom built me a replacement of my Discontinued knife out of warranty parts FOR FREE!!! Love them for that.

Things that have treated me well and are cool.
Wilderness belt
Magpul
Cyalume light sticks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:17 am 
Tournament Grade

I've had wonderful experiences with:

Kevin Wells (Discreet Ordnance)
Code 3 Tactical
Battery Junction
Lumapower
Knoxx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:22 pm 
Utility Grade

Got my tri-rail mount and swatforce tac. light today (Wed.)...ordered them 3 days ago from Dave's Collectables.Also get great, fast service from midwayusa, and Hoague.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:41 pm 
Field Grade

nt

Last edited by c-man on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

+1 on Midway. Fast service and good communication, especially with backorders.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:34 am 
Tournament Grade

TWO THUMBS DOWN FOR AMMOMAN.COM Do a search over at AR15.com to find out how this butt ripped off a buyer by misrepresenting a C&R rifle and refused to refund when properly challenged. My own personal experience with this operation a few weeks ago was enough for me to assure them that I would never patronize them again -- turns out that an incredible number of posters to AR15.com had nearly identical despicable experiences with this prick -- ammoman.com was apparently yanked by the mods as an industry rep and may have been banned from the site. Be warned.

TWO THUMBS UP FOR BRIGHTFLASHLIGHTS!!! Calvin of Brightflashlights, however, resides on the completely opposite end of the customer service spectrum -- truly outstanding, exemplary all around.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:20 am 
Field Grade

I have had good experiences with the following:
Vang Comp Systems
DFW Arms Inc.
Able Ammo
Ammoman

Post subject: In ImpactGuns we DO NOT trust
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

I wasn't aware that others had complained about Impact Guns in this forum — wish I had known that before I got involved with them.

The last week of July, I ordered a Remington 870 Express from Impact Guns, sent them my local dealer's FFL, and sat back to wait. Impact claimed they would ship the gun in "5 to 7 days"... While I was waiting, I went ahead and ordered a C-More Railway red-dot sight from Impact, as well. Two weeks passed, and I tried emailing Impact for the status of my orders, only to receive a series of automated replies. The last week of August, I called Impact and inquired about my order in person.

They told me that my shotgun was on indefinite backorder, so I told them to cancel the order. I was pissed.

Then I asked about my C-More sight, and they said it was still on backorder and would probably arrive in late September! I was even more pissed and told them to cancel that order, as well.

Among other things, I told them that Impact shouldn't advertise items as "available" when everything they sell is backordered, and I told them that their service sucked.

What really pisses me is that I was strolling through a Wal-Mart Superstore today and spied the Rem 870 Express and a C-More Railway sight in the sports section — so I know that they are easily available at Wal-Mart, but Impact Guns can't lay hands on the same guns and sights for a month or more.

In the meantime, I bought a NIB Remington 870 Police Magnum at GunBroker.com and it was delivered within a week (arrived yesterday). Tonight I also found the exact C-More Railway I wanted at MidwayUSA.com, immediately available, and it will be delivered in about 3 days (not even a rush order).

The lesson here? Impact Guns sucks shamelessly. Bad service, no items in stock, apparently, and terrible communication. They stole a month out of my life that I won't get back, and they just shrug their shoulders: Oh well, sorry you had a bad experience. Catch ya later.

Not a very professional operation, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hey, can I plug myself or is that too cheesy :oops:

http://www.tacticalcity.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:49 am 
Utility Grade

Hi I am new to the forum so I'm not quite sure I'm in the right area?

I'm looking for anyone who has heard of Personal security Zone?
They out of Carson City Nevada, but that's all I know.

There is no info on them from the better business bureau or the chamber of commerce and they have a p.o. box.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

Rhino60 wrote:
I'm looking for anyone who has heard of Personal security Zone? They out of Carson City Nevada, but that's all I know. There is no info on them from the better business bureau or the chamber of commerce and they have a p.o. box.

Looks like just a storefront website that doesn't actually keep any products in stock. You know, you place an order with them, they charge you, then they place the order (probably for less money) with a supplier who ships the item to you.

The domain name "PersonalSecurityZone.com" was registered by a Thomas AuFrance in October of 2001. The following is actual domain information:

Registrant:
Aufrance, Thomas
ATTN: PERSONALSECURITYZONE.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

Domain Name: PERSONALSECURITYZONE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Aufrance, Thomas [email protected]
Aufrance Associates
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
570-708-8780

Technical Contact:
Aufrance, Thomas J [email protected]
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
570-708-8780

Record expires on 21-Oct-2010.
Record created on 21-Oct-2001.
Database last updated on 22-Sep-2007 23:39:59 EDT.

AuFrance is basically a web server software firm based in Herndon, VA, which seems to work primarily in real estate websites. AuFrance also owns HighSierra.com, which is a visitor information and real estate website for the Lake Tahoe area. It appears that every AuFrance physical address is a P.O. Box, either in Herndon, Va, or Carson City, NV, or South Lake Tahoe, CA.

And what do we do when online entities offer us only P.O. Box addresses? We are very cautious about them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:33 pm 
Utility Grade

Try calling us at (775) 841-1193 if you're worried about doing business with PersonalSecurityZone.com and would like more information.

The Virginia address you noticed on the networksolutions registration is the address for a networksolutions office, not ours. So, looking at domain name reg. info can be helpful but not always complete.

We do not serve a local storefront and are strictly a mail order business, therefore do not give the address of our company for obvious security reasons, since we are an FFL dealer. However if you call, you will get an answer or a prompt reply if you leave a message. There are two employees who answer the phone, but lines can (and do) fill up.

PersonalSecurityZone.com is a Nevada Corporation registered with the State of Nevada. We have been in business as an FFL dealer and shooting sports / security products store online since January 2001. We have several sources for products, and whenever possible we have orders shipped directly from the warehouse of the distributor, so yes your order may come from Texas instead of Nevada, because it is faster more efficient.

If you see it on our site, it is in stock and available for sale. We do not display items that are out of stock (accurate within the last 23 hrs). Our web site is updated every morning M-F with actual inventory counts from the warehouses, so you only see items that are actually in stock at 7:45 AM before we start business for the day. There is an explanation of our inventory counts on our help page just click on the HELP link on the top right of the PersonalSecurityZone.com home page or on the help link that is on every page on the site.

Some products, such as firearms, air rifles, air pistols, haz mats, ammo and other products that are controlled in some states (high cap mags for example) must be received here in our office before shipping to customers, because these can not be shipped to some localities. We ship them out within hours of the time they are received here.

No, we do not stock a load of rifles, ammo and other items here in our office. We do not have customers coming to a store front. We decidate ourselves to answering online customer questions, doing a few helpful things like mounting tac lights to shotguns if someone asks for that, and providing good products for a good price.

If an item proves problematic, and we get customer complaints, we immediately remove it from our site. Yesterday I had to remove an entire manufacturer's grips, because 2 customers complained that they were finished poorly and had to be sanded in order to fit their pistols. We would rather not sell flaky products, so we don't.

We have a good track record, and your purchases are all covered by credit card and fraud protection guarantees.

You can get $5 off any order by entering promotional code TJA5 in the promotional code field that is at the top of your order form. This is like getting your shipping for below our cost, actually, and it really helps if you order something that costs very little, like those special rings you need but that cost less than the shipping!

Please note: we do our best to describe items correctly. But you still need to be able to self-serve, which means seeing things like the difference between "AR" and "AK" when choosing an item to order, so please if you have any questions about an item CALL or EMAIL us before placing your order. We will always look it up and get back to you.

Thank you for reading about PersonalSecurityZone.com

Mary Kay
(775) 841-1193

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I trust my life (and those lives around me) with these products and services that I have personally purchased:

Training

Defensive Edge
Anoka, MN (will travel)
Chief Instructor: Greg "Sully" Sullivan
Rifle, Pist0l, Shotgun, & Armoring classes.

Tactical Response
Camden, TN (will travel)
Chief Instructor: James Yeager
Rifle, Pist0l, Shotgun, & FoF Scenario classes.

Global Medical Rescue Services
Midwest, USA & Belize, Central America (will travel)
Chief Instructor: Dr. Kieth Brown (ResQDoc)
Wilderness and Tactical medicine.

Weapons

SLR-15 Rifles
Home of "The Grail". Custom-built AR15/M16 type rifles "For Gunfighter, By Gunfighters".

Weapon Accessories (direct)

Magpul Industries
Stocks, Mags, Mag accessories

LaRue Tactical
Optics and the best QD optic mounts on the planet

SLR-15 Gear
Home of the “Sully” stock, winter triggerguard, and A1 carry handle

Comp-Tac Hosters
Get a C.T.A.C. for CCW – you won’t be sorry

Web Gear (direct)

Tactical Tailor
Pouches, carriers, packs, etc.

Specter Gear
Slings, holsters, etc.

Maxpedition
Pouches, holsters, etc.

Parts & Accessories (dealers)

Adco Firearms
AR15 parts & accessories

BravoCompany USA
AR15 parts & accessories

Tactical Response Gear
Pist0l, Rifle, & Shotgun parts & accessories, web and medical gear.

Bright Flashlights
Flashlights and mounts

SWFA
Optics

Edit to add two big ones I forgot:

General Gun Parts & Accessories:

Brownells
If you can't get it here, it don't exist (or you don't need it)

Midway USA
If Brownells doesn't have it, Midway will (they also carry ammo)

Other Cool Stuff (T-shirts, Mugs, Etc.)

Life, Liberty, Etc.
“Peace through Superior Firepower” ‘nuff said!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:59 pm 
Field Grade

Liberty Optics Started as a dealer on Snipers Paradise and has great customer service.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next