ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:32 pm 
Field Grade

My personal firearms dealer is Donald Ray Cresswell, class 3 dealer in Flora, MS. He can usually match gunbroker price(plus shipping + transfer fee). So I just order straight from him. :wink:

www.worldwidefirearms.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:55 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know i just dealt with ALAMO TACTICAL in Texas. I am in washington state. I was a little worried at first about ordering from them due to their website under construction. I ended up calling and speaking with one of their employees Chris. He was extremely helpful . Took my order and price matched everything. He was very knowledgable and if he didnt know the answer he contacted teh company directly to make sure he gotthe correct answer! Customer service A+++++++++. Pricing A++++++++. They are a great conmpany ship very fast and on top of it all keep you informed every step of teh way if somethingis backordered or if they are waiting for it to come in (no problem they had everything in stock)

Thank you Alamo Tactical and i will be ordering again in the future! You have my business!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

Has anyone had a bad experience with combathunting.com?

I had 2 orders go smooth and fast, but this third one has me pondering if I got hosed.

I placed the order last Saturday, and never heard anything from them until the following Thursday after I sent an email to them asking if maybe the part wasn't in stock.

They replied that it wasn't, so I changed the order to something that was in stock according to them.

I still haven't received a shipping confirmation email, so should I give them more time or demand a refund and just shop elsewhere? :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:56 pm 
Utility Grade

I have surfed their website many times. Never ordered from them. i guess i have really questioned the quality of some of their products. To me it looks like they cater to more of the airsoft world.

You said you have placed orders with them before. How is the quality of what you ordered? They seem to have great prices but been reluctant like i said. I tend to look at cheaperthandirt.com more. I know they are trusted and really good prices!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well, they mostly stock cheap stuff like ati. I ordered a cheap tasco red dot sight, but after some searching here it looks like I wasted my money on something that will break after a few rounds.

Post subject: Re: re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

TexasNativeDRJH wrote:
Well, they mostly stock cheap stuff like ati. I ordered a cheap tasco red dot sight, but after some searching here it looks like I wasted my money on something that will break after a few rounds.

Some Tasco stuff is okay, but it can be a crapshoot. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones.

I've got a 35mm "ProPoint" Red Dot -one of the first on the market over a decade ago- and not only did it hold up to abuse on a HK91 .308, but the dot is still powered by the watch battery that came with the unit (almost completely gone now, but that's an amazing track record).

Then again, I've seen modern Pro-Points not make it through two mags on AR.

Like I said, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:52 am 
Tournament Grade

Thanks, I figured a well known (to me) name like Tasco would be a better choice than the no-name holosight they didn't even have in stock. I got the 30mm red dot for $30 so if it is a bad one, I'm not out of too much money. Now I'm saving for a Burris Fastfire :D

FMD wrote:

Some Tasco stuff is okay, but it can be a crapshoot. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones.

I've got a 35mm "ProPoint" Red Dot -one of the first on the market over a decade ago- and not only did it hold up to abuse on a HK91 .308, but the dot is still powered by the watch battery that came with the unit (almost completely gone now, but that's an amazing track record).

Then again, I've seen modern Pro-Points not make it through two mags on AR.

Like I said, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:14 pm 
Field Grade

I can personally vouch for:

Remington Military/LE (shotguns and LE/Military ammunition)
Vang Comp Systems
Mesa Tactical
Hogue
Bass Pro Shops' BassPro.com (LE/MIL-grade shotgun ammunition)
Eagle Industries
Dick's Sporting Goods (LE/MIL-grade shotgun ammunition
Innovation By Design
Wilson Tactical
Benchmade
Glock
The Glock Doctor
Les Baer (1911s)
Wilson Combat (magazines and accessories)
Tripp Research (1911 and AR-15 magazines)
Hornady
Black Hills
Bushmaster
Royal Ridge Shooter's Supply
MiGunslingers.com
ProLoad.com
Vickers Tactical
Springfield Armory (their Garands, M1As and XD45, at least, their 1911s are okay....)
MagPul
Ergo Grips
Winchester
Wolff Gunsprings
Fin Feather Fur Outfitters
MidwayUSA
MDTactical
Brownells gun parts
Freedom Arms
Benelli

I wouldn't order from Taurus, Kel-Tec, Para Ordinance or especially HI-POINT (PeeeeeUUUUUKE) if my life depended on it.

Last edited by Kyle E. Coyote on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

I placed an order through them since I live in Texas, so I assumed it would arrive fairly quick. I ordered a mesa tactical side saddle shell holder on Saturday and it still hasn't even shipped out yet. I spoke with the guy on the phone who seemed very nice and helpful, he said it would ship either that day or the next at the latest-still hasn't shipped. :evil: I called them today and couldn't get anyone to answer the phone.

The same day I also ordered stuff from Glockmeister in Arizona for my Glock and they came in yesterday.

So if they would quit screwing around and ship my order like they said I would be somewhat satisfied, but as of right now I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Highdesertcoolguy wrote:
Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know i just dealt with ALAMO TACTICAL in Texas. I am in washington state. I was a little worried at first about ordering from them due to their website under construction. I ended up calling and speaking with one of their employees Chris. He was extremely helpful . Took my order and price matched everything. He was very knowledgable and if he didnt know the answer he contacted teh company directly to make sure he gotthe correct answer! Customer service A+++++++++. Pricing A++++++++. They are a great conmpany ship very fast and on top of it all keep you informed every step of teh way if somethingis backordered or if they are waiting for it to come in (no problem they had everything in stock)

Thank you Alamo Tactical and i will be ordering again in the future! You have my business!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Ok, I retract anything bad I said about Alamo Tactical. My order arrived today and all is good in my book. I neglected to mention that I can be very impatient and wary with first-time purchases from online stores.

Also thumbs up to Brownells.com. I placed an order on my lunch break today and it has already shipped out today!! Thats a first for me, most places take 1 or 2 business days but Brownells really stepped up to the plate.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:28 pm 
Utility Grade

I have had a couple of issues with Cheaper than dirt thou this appears to be a one off from what most of you have said.

Not SG related but the best CS I have ever had is no doubt Bushmaster. I had a spring on my AR break and they sent me the complete part free of charge even though I told them I had purchased the AR used.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:25 pm 
Field Grade

Tacticalshotgunner.com

Best price on mesa side saddles I've seen. Just received the two I ordered. Fast shipping.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:43 am 
Field Grade

Theres a number of places I like(MidwayUSA, CheaperThanDirt, etc) but recently had great .... and I mean great service from TacticalShotgunner. They sent me a Mossy 500 forened when I had ordered a Hogue Tamer pistol grip for a Mossy 500. When I called them about it, they totally apologized,sent the right part out and sent a prepaid box with it ASAP :shock: . No questions or hassle what so ever!!! I will defenietly order from them again as well as recommed them {RO .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:50 pm 
Limited Edition

A huge +1 for Carlson's Choke Tubes.

I ordered 2 chokes online on Tuesday after business hours, and received them today (Friday). They also include a choke wrench & case which usually costs an extra $10-15 from other vendors.

"I'll stick with what I know. You two just keep circle jerking with ammo manufacturer's data." Originally posted by Spurrit on why steel barrels are valid forms of ballistic testing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

I can't say enough good things about Burris Optics. I stripped out a screw head on the locks for my Fastfire and they sent me a replacement free of charge very promptly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:02 pm 
Field Grade

Midwayusa has been nothing but great for me.Ammunitiontogo is also preety good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 pm 
Utility Grade

TexasNativeDRJH wrote:
Ok, I retract anything bad I said about Alamo Tactical. My order arrived today and all is good in my book. I neglected to mention that I can be very impatient and wary with first-time purchases from online stores.

I dunno...

Ordered a part last week and, after seeing a couple of reviews of them, gave them a call about my order. Seems they did have it in stock, but chose to order from the manufacturer and have it drop-shipped to me. I question that, and the guy says he'll either get them to ship it tomorrow or he will ship it from the shop. Now, if it is in stock, why not just ship it out?

We'll see about them.

UPDATE: 22 Sep, no contact and no reply to message. Credit card HAS been charged, though. Concerned...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:55 am 
Diamond Grade

I ordered from Gear Sector on a Friday night, it came in today. MONDAY, I got the confirmation email Saturday morning. I opened it a while ago and he sent the wrong mount with my sling. I emailed Jason and he responded within minutes at 7:00 PM!

I am impressed with the quality of the sling and you can bet I will be ordering from him again!

Thanks Jason.

http://www.gearsector.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:35 am 
Limited Edition

Hey I looked into ordering a WASR-10 rifle, and NO ONE would help me because I'm in California. But one place, Lanworldinc.com actually goes out of their way to help you, and they actually have really cheap prices too. Awesome service, response, and overall business is great with them. Also with National Police supply in Vista, they are also VERY friendly and helpful. I look forward to doing business with them in the future.

BTW, does anyone know where to get decent 10 round double stacked 7.62x39 WASR-10 magazines? or AK mags, same thing. Thanks. The ones on Cheaperthandirt are real cheap, but the quality from the reviews looks terrible, ordering some of those is like playing russian roulette with 3 chambers loaded.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 am 
Utility Grade

Heres an idea for a sticky. Why not compile a list of vendors by category (stocks,Chocks,sights,misc) you get the idea. Posting links to each so you could just click the sticky scroll down to what section for what your looking for. Maybe even put gun dealers with auctions, ammo list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next