Shotgun Forum banner

in ___________ we trust; vendor props

213K views 209 replies 147 participants last post by  jamesbystrom8 
#1 ·
in th4e midst of a recent thread, one SGW member expressed his displeasure with a certain vendor of SG related gear and thus, a few of us chimed in as to vendors we have bought from, and foud to be trustworthy... any company can make an error, but a great company makes it right, no hassles, and earns our business again... but having the list hidden in that thread does others no benefit... so...

over the years i have come to trust:

cabelas,
cheaper than dirt,
brownells,
knoxx,
midway usa,
specter gear,
optic planet
GA Precision rifles
sportsman guide
green mountain tactical
cops plus...

i won't buy from Botac Tactical

care to add your +++ vendors or those who rated a :evil: ?

See less See more
#3 ·
Botach sucks big time. They're a classic bait and switch operation. The first transaction or two goes fine, and then they fail miserably. They are now on my junk mail filter list.

To the trusted list add PRI, Mesa Tactical, The Wilderness, Wilson Combat, Cop Quest, J&L Self Defense Products, ASP, Meridian Tactical Supply, Accuracy Systems Inc, Vang, Badger Ordnance, GG&G, and the National Target Company.

#4 ·
Again , i can vouch for :

Wilson Combat
G.A. precision
Cabelas
Glockmeister
Brownells
Galls Police Supply

#5 ·
jeeeze, all we have to do is hit "print" and we'll be 99% safe in finding the next item we need... and you don't want me to rant on Botac

#6 ·
Good companies I've dealt with and will buy from again:
  • Knoxx
    Island Tactical
    Numrich (e-gunparts.com)
    Polyshok
    Brownells
    Lyman
    Choate Machine and Tool
    Smith and Wesson
    and Remington, of course.
    forgot to add GG&G-very fast shipping

#8 ·
MadMex said:
Botach sucks big time. They're a classic bait and switch operation. The first transaction or two goes fine, and then they fail miserably. They are now on my junk mail filter list. quote]

same thing for me jeep... bait and switch, poor or no communication on a problem that was their fault... it's a lot easier to go with a company that hasn't messed me up... glad you got good service on your order, tho

#11 ·
jeepinjakear15 said:
i ordered two remote pressure switches from botach and got them when they said so whats the horror story so i can avoid it
After my first two "test the waters" purchases Botac embarked on their bait and switch MO. They eventually flat out lied to me. I have an email trail that substantiates my claim. They are not worth the time or hassle after the first two purchases.

#12 ·
My bad experience with Impact Guns, as mentioned in my other thread, caused me to write several paragraphs on my displeasure. You can imagine how frustrated I am!

Island Tactical, on the other hand, provided me with some of the best service I have ever had from ANY online retailer, guns or otherwise! A+!

#13 ·
870pilot said:
over the years i have come to trust:

cabelas,
cheaper than dirt,
brownells,
midway usa,
sportsman guide

?
I echo 870Pilot on the above quoted text.
I've not purchased from Knoxx, YET, but, their time is coming.
EDIT: Since I first posted this, I now own two SpecOps stocks and forend from Knoxx. Customer Service and Support second to NONE.
Highly recommended!!

To 'Pilot's list, I'll add:

Natchez Shooters Supply
Mid-South Shooters Supply
Remington
Glock
QuarterMaster Sales (actiongear dot com, I believe it is)
Springfield Sporters (for all of your K98k needs!) :)

That's it for now.

Keith

#16 ·
Just limiting myself to recent shotgun related purchases:

Number one has to be Mesa Tactical!! Answered a customer service e-mail on the weekend. That is unheard of in my experience. Also sent out free replacement screw after I over torqued it. Would not accept payment. Great products and great service.

Also great experiences with:

Vang Comp
Brownells
Choate

#19 ·
webbee said:
I would add Arizona Gunrunners to the list. Most of you have noted all the others I have had experiance with.

http://www.arizonagunrunners.net/index.html
While I can't complain obout AZ gun runners over all, I can say that I have ordered from them on three different occasions and it always made me feel like they thought they were doing me a favor. Just my opinion.

#25 ·
I just got my Surefire fore end from brightflashlights yesterday (ordered it on Friday) I paid way less than I could find it for any where else ($197 shipped and insured)! I have heard nothing but good things about Calvin on this forum so I will add

Brightflashlights (352) 732-2156

to my list, sorry if someone else already listed him I didn't see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.