ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post Office
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

Anyone besides me notice that the Post Office is, yet again, clamoring for more money. Not only that but they're promising diminished service and higher rates. Now, that's a winning combination for improving business. They already suck and are promising to get worse. How much worse? It's hard to imagine based on my last experiences with Priority mail. But, hey, it's government run, so what can you expect. And, now that we have a Democrat running things it's dang certain there's no improvement on the horizon. Honestly, I only use them when delivery time isn't terribly important.

Post subject: Re: Post Office
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

President Biden can’t fire the Postmaster General today. He’ll need to dismiss the entire board of Postal Governors, for cause, to boot the rascal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_DeJoy

The Board of Postal Governors all sat back and watched, even cheered, as the Postmaster General sabotaged speedy mail delivery last fall.

Call the President and demand that each and every one, go back where they came from, before Trump appointed them all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:19 pm 
Crown Grade

Vette Jockey2 wrote:
Anyone besides me notice that the Post Office is, yet again, clamoring for more money. Not only that but they're promising diminished service and higher rates. Now, that's a winning combination for improving business. They already suck and are promising to get worse. How much worse? It's hard to imagine based on my last experiences with Priority mail. But, hey, it's government run, so what can you expect. And, now that we have a Democrat running things it's dang certain there's no improvement on the horizon. Honestly, I only use them when delivery time isn't terribly important.

My wife sells stuff on Ebay and Etsy and mails several small parcels every day via USPS; no issues at all. I get more damage in this area from Fedex and UPS; wanna know what 3 broken boxes, each containing a bag of #8s looks like all over the place?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:30 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Vette Jockey2 wrote:
Anyone besides me notice that the Post Office is, yet again, clamoring for more money.

So is UPS, so is Fedex, so are all the transports. With the cost of fuel skyrocketing, what do does anyone expect?

https://redstagfulfillment.com/fedex-up ... r-changes/

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Vette Jockey2 wrote:
Anyone besides me notice that the Post Office is, yet again, clamoring for more money.

So is UPS, so is Fedex, so are all the transports. With the cost of fuel skyrocketing, what do does anyone expect?

https://redstagfulfillment.com/fedex-up ... r-changes/

And the cost of fuel as just begun it climb. Makes me feel young again got married when Jimmy Carter was president fuel went up 100% then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The government monopoly on mail delivery needs to be abolished and the Post Office sold to the highest bidder. If mail delivery was handled by the competitive for profit private sector you would soon see dramatic improvements. As of now it is illegal for anyone else to deliver mail. A man named Lysander Spooner once started a private letter delivery service and federal agents raided his business and shut it down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

SuperXOne wrote:
President Biden can’t fire the Postmaster General today. He’ll need to dismiss the entire board of Postal Governors, for cause, to boot the rascal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_DeJoy

The Board of Postal Governors all sat back and watched, even cheered, as the Postmaster General sabotaged speedy mail delivery last fall.

Call the President and demand that each and every one, go back where they came from, before Trump appointed them all.

Sure, buddy, it’s all Trump’s fault, like everything else. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:37 pm 
Crown Grade

When they get it right all is good. But when it becomes a SNAFU.....I am waiting on a letter mailed "two day" from Alabama. It was mailed on 2/16 and was in Montgomery at 10pm that night. According to their tracking # it has not moved!

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:41 pm 
Crown Grade

Ezra Smack wrote:
The government monopoly on mail delivery needs to be abolished and the Post Office sold to the highest bidder. If mail delivery was handled by the competitive for profit private sector you would soon see dramatic improvements. As of now it is illegal for anyone else to deliver mail. A man named Lysander Spooner once started a private letter delivery service and federal agents raided his business and shut it down.

The Post Office has to deliver mail to everyone, using the same stamp.

A private firm most likely wouldn’t be interested in delivering to us out here in the sticks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:55 pm 
Crown Grade

McFarmer wrote:
Ezra Smack wrote:

The Post Office has to deliver mail to everyone, using the same stamp.

A private firm most likely wouldn’t be interested in delivering to us out here in the sticks.

Maybe so. However, maybe the less profitable rural routes could be competed to see what service would cost to them. The airlines when they were broken up, did not want to fool around with small regional airports and so small carriers came into being such as Spirit, Blue, Allegiant, etc. They must be making money or else they too would close up shop.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

YevetS wrote:
When they get it right all is good. But when it becomes a SNAFU.....I am waiting on a letter mailed "two day" from Alabama. It was mailed on 2/16 and was in Montgomery at 10pm that night. According to their tracking # it has not moved!

Steve

On the one hand, more or less real-time tracking is very cool. I ordered a package Saturday from about an hour away in MD and watched it progress. I even got a notification when it was deposited in my mailbox.

On the other, it can be incredibly frustrating. I ordered a different package from a town slightly closer in MD last Wednesday, watched it progress to Linthicum, and it's just been sitting there for 4 days. The one that was delivered lapped the first one.

In some ways it might be better just not to know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:17 pm 
Crown Grade

Brownell's is shipping me some shot; tracking shows it is scheduled for delivery about 2 hours ago; yet the tracking shows it on its way to Ellenwood GA and then down to Florida so I don't think it will make it today.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 pm 
Limited Edition

I sent a bank check to a list member last Tuesday, 16 Feb. I paid the USPS the highest fee for the fastest delivery and the best they said they could do was delivery this past Saturday, 20th. So, I check the tracking number and they post, as of tonight, it is in transit somewhere. On the 17th we made a order to Sam's, it arrived to day FedEx ground. (Awesome shorts for shooting if it ever get's warm.)

I have a rural mail box. My prescriptions seldom make it, Nothing fancy mind you, routine old man stuff from the VA. When we hit the road we put a postal hold until after we are due back. We also put a big freaking sign on the locking mail box, "Mail Hold" until such and such a date. Nevertheless, they continue to try to put mail etc into the locked slot. Even though it can't ever fit! Often they stick stuff in others mailboxes and we get it when they check their boxes and cycle it back around.

I am convinced that many of their employees can't read English. Incompetence is too subtle a description.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 am 
Crown Grade

YevetS wrote:

Steve

Today its in Reston VA., it took 7 days to travel 800 miles. WOW land speed record at 114 miles/day. They should willing refund the guys money for 2 day delivery!

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:39 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

YevetS wrote:
YevetS wrote:

Steve

Today its in Reston VA., it took 7 days to travel 800 miles. WOW land speed record at 114 miles/day. They should willing refund the guys money for 2 day delivery!

Steve

Pony Express averaged 180 miles a day, we need to bring them back :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Someone is going to have to explain this to me, why did it go from a distribution center to a post office and then back to the SAME distribution center before it continued its journey north??

February 23, 2021, 5:26 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
DULLES VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in DULLES VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on February 23, 2021 at 5:26 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

February 23, 2021, 6:12 am
Arrived at Post Office
RESTON, VA 20190

February 23, 2021, 12:36 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

YevetS wrote:
Someone is going to have to explain this to me, why did it go from a distribution center to a post office and then back to the SAME distribution center before it continued its journey north??

Departed USPS Regional Facility
Your item departed our USPS facility in DULLES VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on February 23, 2021 at 5:26 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

February 23, 2021, 6:12 am
Arrived at Post Office
RESTON, VA 20190

February 23, 2021, 12:36 am

Steve

They can't explain it to you. The people I've talked to in the last couple of days have no more information than you can get from their tracking reporting on the internet.
They have no idea of where anything is or why it's being delayed.
At the outset of this rant, I said I had recent poor service from the P.O. Well, it's on-going. My package must hold the record for speed of movement, or not. It's 212 miles from Bartlesville, OK to Kansas City, MO. I sent a Priority Mail letter on Feb 10 and it was delivered on Feb 22. 12 days to go a little over 200 miles. According to the tracking it laid in Tulsa for more than 4 days. I don't how many exactly as they didn't update their tracking.
I sent a Priority mail package to NY on 12 Feb; it still hasn't been delivered. I've got two service cases going on that one and have zero idea of where the package and any prospective delivery date. Nobody knows, actually, as the tracking hasn't been updated since 18 Feb. As I have said before, the post office is a model of mismanagement.
Oh, yeah, boy, I love the Post Office. HA!! You believe that? I got some beach-front property to sell you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Well its been 10 days now on a 2 day package.

February 16, 2021, 3:49 pm
USPS in possession of item
EUFAULA, AL 36027

this is the last known location with no departure date/time

And this is their last post

February 26, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

NO $hit its late.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That happened to me once. Just silence after it arrived at a location; end of tracking information. No word for over a week. Found out later that the carton was damaged in transit and it was sent to a USPS facility in Des Moines to be repackaged. I finally got it with a note of explanation inside. Coincidentally, it was a MEC Sizemaster. All the little parts were loose inside the carton but miraculously all there.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:19 pm 
Presentation Grade

YevetS wrote:
Well its been 10 days now on a 2 day package.

February 16, 2021, 3:49 pm
USPS in possession of item
EUFAULA, AL 36027

this is the last known location with no departure date/time

And this is their last post

February 26, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

NO $hit its late.

Steve

Take heart, Steve. If you have started a complaint for their crappy service, they'll give you a nice apology when the package is finally delivered. You'll feel better...............yeah, right.