ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franchi Aspire Questions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hi Folks,
I recently acquired a like new Franchi Aspire O/U in 28 Gauge. Can anyone tell me if the barrels of this model were chrome lined and will any 28 gauge choke wrench fit the chokes of this model? Thank you in advance for any help that you may provide.

Post subject: Re: Franchi Aspire Questions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:08 am 
Crown Grade

If you get no other definitive response from an existing owner/expert; I would contact Franchi through their website and ask them. Just venturing a guess, I would bet the barrel internals are chrome plated because many makers have gone that route for economy purposes. Good luck.

https://www.franchiusa.com/upland-shotguns

https://www.franchiusa.com/contact-us

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 am 
Limited Edition

FranchiUSA told me the chokes on my Affinity were interchangeable .

This is from the owners manual :

INTERCHANGEABLE CHOKES The interchangeable choke system allows you to match the choke of your gun to expected shooting conditions, or to quickly change the choke when you need to adapt the gun to different conditions at the range or in the field.
Shotguns 12-16-20-28-410 gauge come equipped with three or five different interchangeable screw-in or extended chokes, depending on model. Each choke set also includes a choke wrench to facilitate switching of chokes. We recommend that a thin coating of light gun grease be applied to the threads of chokes before they are installed in the barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ronlhodges wrote:

INTERCHANGEABLE CHOKES The interchangeable choke system allows you to match the choke of your gun to expected shooting conditions, or to quickly change the choke when you need to adapt the gun to different conditions at the range or in the field.
Shotguns 12-16-20-28-410 gauge come equipped with three or five different interchangeable screw-in or extended chokes, depending on model. Each choke set also includes a choke wrench to facilitate switching of chokes. We recommend that a thin coating of light gun grease be applied to the threads of chokes before they are installed in the barrel.

They never made a 28ga Affinity

I would pick up the phone and call George Trulock and ask him. Then you can discuss what you want/expect from the choke/ammo combination and he will be able to recommend a choke for it and sell it to you.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member

"....if you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:17 pm 
Limited Edition

Darryle wrote:
ronlhodges wrote:

I would pick up the phone and call George Trulock and ask him. Then you can discuss what you want/expect from the choke/ammo combination and he will be able to recommend a choke for it and sell it to you.

I never mentioned any gauge if you caught that . My email reply only said chokes were interchangeable so i take it that all Franchis' SGs' had interchangeable chokes . Sorry i was not more clear to a point that you understood when you read my post . But i agree ..... , if he wants to call Franchi then so be it .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ronlhodges wrote:
Darryle wrote:
ronlhodges wrote:

I never mentioned any gauge if you caught that . My email reply only said chokes were interchangeable so i take it that all Franchis' SGs' had interchangeable chokes . Sorry i was not more clear to a point that you understood when you read my post . But i agree ..... , if he wants to call Franchi then so be it .

Yes, and no, while they maybe interchangeable, they are a particular style, most likely mobil choke threads made for Beretta and Benelli and a host of other brands. The OP is wanting to know what style wrench will work, he already know it has removable chokes.

To answer the question appropriately, yes, I think just about any 28ga wrench will work except for some Browning wrenches that are abnormally thick.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member

"....if you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:11 am 
Field Grade

The Franchi Aspire takes a special
Choke called “Technichoke”. They
Are available at Midwest Gun Works
For $47.99 plus shipping. I just
Bought 2 cylinder tubes for my new
Franchi Aspire 28ga, and Superfast
Shipping, great service!