ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:59 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8395
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Reeds has them in 20 ga for $674.
Good price?
Good gun???




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:00 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8395
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
This is the Franchi love forum?
Nobody likes them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 pm
Posts: 235
You can still find 20 ga SX3s for that price.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:49 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8395
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
chemclay wrote:
You can still find 20 ga SX3s for that price.


I’m looking for an almost maintance free gun.
See my post in shotguns general as to what I’m looking for, ie, not a gas gun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 pm
Posts: 235
in that case, the Affinity 3 fits me; almost bought one. One of our local gun stores has one for $600 and won't move.


Last edited by chemclay on Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:48 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8395
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
chemclay wrote:
in that case, the Affinity 3 fits me; almost bought one. One of out local gun stores has one for $600 and won't move.


20 ga ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 pm
Posts: 235
yes, and it's used but lnib.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:08 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8395
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
chemclay wrote:
yes, and it's used but lnib.


Where are you located?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:40 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 pm
Posts: 235
Randall Guns

717 Old Zelienople Road
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
16117
Contact:
Phone: (888) 200-9505
[email protected]
Hours:
Mon - Fri: 6:30 pm - 9 pm
Saturday: Noon - 4pm

Last I actually saw it was before covid-19


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:51 pm
Posts: 108
Hey Dr Duk,

I recently experienced the same lack of response here on the Franchi page. My post is from a few weeks ago if you want to check it out. Has to do with fail to load issues I had with with a new to me Affinity 20 gauge while duck hunting last season.

I am very happy with the gun (Affinity, not Affinity 3) 20 gauge, 26" blued barrel, synthetic stocks. It did a great job on ducks, geese, and all manner of upland birds last season. It is a tough durable gun that is easy to clean and maintain.

The cycling issues I encountered were during extreme field conditions (muddy fields in a layout blind). Only happened a couple times, basically the 1st shell ejected, but the second one didn't load all the way up inot the receiver. Thinking the carrier was gummed up a bit. This was also with the heaviest loads I could feed the gun.

Not a deal breaker by any means. Was hoping maybe an aftermarket recoil spring was an option, but have not found one. So, thinking a more liberal lube following Franchi's recommendations will take care of this.

Hope this is helpful!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:51 pm
Posts: 108
I guess I should add that I bought mine 2nd hand through a member on here about this time last year for $600. Had been shot, but by appearances not much and only at the club.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:53 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8395
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
PNWIthacaJunkie wrote:
Hey Dr Duk,

I recently experienced the same lack of response here on the Franchi page. My post is from a few weeks ago if you want to check it out. Has to do with fail to load issues I had with with a new to me Affinity 20 gauge while duck hunting last season.

I am very happy with the gun (Affinity, not Affinity 3) 20 gauge, 26" blued barrel, synthetic stocks. It did a great job on ducks, geese, and all manner of upland birds last season. It is a tough durable gun that is easy to clean and maintain.

The cycling issues I encountered were during extreme field conditions (muddy fields in a layout blind). Only happened a couple times, basically the 1st shell ejected, but the second one didn't load all the way up inot the receiver. Thinking the carrier was gummed up a bit. This was also with the heaviest loads I could feed the gun.



Not a deal breaker by any means. Was hoping maybe an aftermarket recoil spring was an option, but have not found one. So, thinking a more liberal lube following Franchi's recommendations will take care of this.

Hope this is helpful!


Yes it was.
Thank You


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:40 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:19 pm
Posts: 36
Hey Duk, if you haven't already gotten your handler his gun, the Affinity is really nice. We got an Affinity Catalyst for my wife, which has a lot of the same features. I know maintenance, or lack thereof, was important to you. The Affinity is ridiculously easy to clean, but perhaps more important, never seems really in need of cleaning. Last year I had to send my O/U in for warranty, and for 8 weeks shot the Affinity. I liked it so much I shot the heck out of it - several hundred rounds a week. Not one failure, and it was never really dirty. The choke got some build up, but a bore snake every now and then took care of that.

It's also a super soft shooter, well balanced and natural feeling to swing and point. Good luck with you purchase and the pup!

Eric


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:37 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:23 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Colorado
I have a couple of them, Affinity 3 Select 20 ga 26". Beautiful little gun great shooter, used it for doves last Sept and 4or 500 hundred rounds of 5 stand. Always went bang with no hang ups. Does load a bit stiff but for me it's more a product of shoving a big fat thumb into the mag. Had the same problem with all 3 of my A400 20 ga guns. Also have the sporter, great shooter and although I'll always use my F3 for tournaments the Afinnity is fun to shoot and for the price a good loaner if friends want to try shooting.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Affinity 3
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:35 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8395
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Ended up with an 870.
Getting recoil pad replace and will give to my dog trainer when I get it back.
The 870 Express is a very nice gun for the money!




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: AndyC, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hamish2, Harry90, Majestic-12 [Bot], RMc, slowshooter, Steeler [Crawler], StinkeyPete, trackerboy


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice