ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franchi Affinity 2017 redesigned
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:13 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi Folks - looking into the Franchi Affinity and a search on this site revealed at least some users experiencing difficulty loading the magazine tube (extra force required to feed the magazine and a "sore" thumb).

Franchi's website indicates that the Affinity was redesigned in 2017 which included "the addition of an oversized bolt handle and bolt-release button plus the enlarged loading port make the shotguns easier to operate with cold or gloved hands."

So, my question is has this enlarged loading port addressed the issues associated with loading difficulties mentioned by others? This doesn't seem to be widespread problem, but it would be nice to know if the redesign has address the loading problems.

Thanks,
Greg

Post subject: Re: Franchi Affinity 2017 redesigned
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 pm 
Field Grade

I have an Affinity 3 in 20ga. It is a bit stiff to load but not too bad. That is my only real complaint. I can’t say how much I love this gun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:48 am 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the reply. Im interested in the 12 guage. Good to hear that you like your 20. Im sure that is a great fast handling gun.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:27 pm 
Field Grade

My Affinity was my backup gun and it was not hard to load. My wife has the Affinity Compact (same gun but with shorter stock) and does not have a problem.

I did get to shoot the new Affinity Elite with the enlarged loading port. I'm guessing this comes from the 3-Gun people who tend to enlarge their loading port with a tool to help them load faster. Now, no tool is required to make it wider.

It might be an issue when using gloves, but in south Texas is doesn't get that cold when duck or clay shooting.

Either a used older Affinity or a new one are both great guns. Simple to clean, easy to point. Recoil is nil.

Franchi Instinct L
SBEII Max 5, Left-Hand
Super Nova
Super Nova Tactical
Canon 5D Mk IV
Canon 7D Mk II

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 am 
Limited Edition

Just bought my Affinity 3 a few months ago. A TTI lifter (a must in any Benelli/Franchi-style semiauto) and taking a file to the edges of the flared magwell and it's pretty much everything I want in a 12g semi. It already comes with an oversized bolt release but I did change out the bolt handle for a "frag" style for better purchase. The stock one's kinda slippery. This one has a permanent spot in the battery. :)

tp

12/26" ATI Cavalry (hey, it shoots...usually)