ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Affinity fail to load issue
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:18 am 
Tournament Grade

Hi folks,

I picked up used 20 gauge Affinity through a member on here last year. For a variety of reasons, I made the decision prior to the hunting season to prioritize this as my 'go to' gun. Historically, I shoot Ithaca 37s for upland and a Benelli M2 for waterfowl. I harvested pheasant, chukar, quail, ducks, and geese over the last season and was overall quite pleased with the gun.

I did, however, encounter FTL on a handful of occasions. In each instance shell #1 was sucessfully ejected, but shell # 2 was stuck on partially lifted carrier. This mainly happened while duck hunting. Mud and/or freezing conditions may have been contributing factors. Also, 3" heavy loads were being used. Based on my experience with Benellis, I was of the impression that the Inertia system on this gun would autoload fine even if slightly dirty.

Anyone else had loading issues with the Affinity? I've fully stripped, cleaned and lightly lubed the gun per Franchi recommendations. Any thoughts or advice on cleaning or polishing certain parts, spring upgrades, or???

Thx!

Post subject: Re: Affinity fail to load issue
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:36 am 
Tournament Grade

Well dang! Hit 200 views in 2 days with no responses. Should I believe that no one out there has had fail to load issues with the Affinity? Is the gun fool proof for everyone except me?

Really like this gun, but hoping for advice to ensure this issue doesn't rear it's ugly head again next season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:19 am 
Utility Grade

The only issue I ever had was a failure to feed because the magazine cutoff was engaged and it wouldn't release a shell from the tube. Other than that, perfect operation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Glad you have had good luck with your Affinity. They are great little guns!