ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Affinity 3: Opening bolt with safety on?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:37 pm 
Utility Grade

Just bought a new Affinity 3 compact 20 ga for my kids to learn to shoot. I assembled it - finally, after bailing on the manual and watching a youtube video - and noticed that when the safety is on I cant open the bolt. Well, I can but it required forcing it a bit. I checked my Beretta 391 Urika and I cannot open the bolt with the safety on period no matter how hard I try.

This is embarrassing - 99% of my shooting is with my O/U and so I'm not super familiar with how the semi "ought to" operate.

Does it make sense that the bolt wont open with the safety on? Again, I can open it, it just requires some force. Or should I not be trying to open the bolt with the safety on?

I guess loading the gun: open bolt, turn on safety, drop in shell, close action. That works fine.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Affinity 3: Opening bolt with safety on?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:11 pm 
Crown Grade

Something wrong. The safeties operation should be independent of whether the gun's bolt is retracted. It should not be any harder to move the safety whether the bolt is open or closed. It has never happened in any semi auto I have ever owned or handled.

Again, something wrong.

Post subject: Re: Affinity 3: Opening bolt with safety on?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

Yep. Sum Ting Wong. I just checked mine and with the safety on it has full operation except for the trigger.

tp

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting >3 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)