ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stock loosening
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:07 am 
Field Grade

I had to tighten up the butt stock on my Remington SPR 310 about 2 months ago, it had gotten quite lose. I was shooting yesterday and detected a small amount of wiggle in the stock.

Is this a common issue, is there a better method of securing? I didn't want to reef to hard on the bolt the first time, but perhaps I need to. Would you use locktite?

In the last year I shoot about 50 shells a week through this gun, the problem didn't come up for the first 10 months.

Post subject: Re: stock loosening
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Don't tighten the bolt too much-- you'll crack the stock.

A bit of teflon tape or non-permanent locktite on the threads should solve this for you.