ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IJ27e chrome bore limit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:38 pm 
Field Grade

I,ve just bought yet another IJ27,double trigger which has only fired a couple of dozen cartridges from new. Its the same chokes as my other one at Half and Full. I noticed that the section of barrel end where the chokes are seem to be slightly honed and wondered if the chrome lining always extends to the end of the barrel and the factory then hone the choke to the right size. If this is an unchromed section then it may make it easier for a gunsmith to open out the chokes a little for me. Can anyone tell me what I'm seeing here please.