ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baikal shotguns are banned by US sanctions !!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:54 pm 
Field Grade

Hello Baikal fans and proud owners, Im sorry to deliver some bad news, Baikal shotguns will no longer be imported to USA,and this is because of the US sanctions towards Russia.
I wonder why nobody have never mentioned this sad but true info on the Baikal section forum ???!!!!!
Instead , the Baikal section moderator keeps on keeping post like these:
"Baikal is back with EAA" or "Here are links to Baikal dealers and distributors"
Come on guys, man up and discuss the crisis , dont just egnore the fact and pretend that nothing happened.

Any inputs will be highly valued.

Post subject: Re: Baikal shotguns are banned by US sanctions !!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

The source data is here: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center ... 40716.aspx . Is that what you are looking for?

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 pm 
Field Grade

Bravo , at least somebody is aware of the situation , i guess Baikal mp 27 and mp 155 prices will skyrocket, (when there is demend , stock owners start to manipulate)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

I just posted "If you tried to actually read the forum you'd be aware that the importation of Baikal-branded guns has been cancelled by EAA since January." then I realized it was user called paularax who actually broke the news about the import stop. Sorry.

Experientia est optima magistra.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 pm 
Crown Grade

Stock owners manipulate?! What do you call what the govt is doing? They have been manipulating the firearms market for over a hundred years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:57 pm 
Utility Grade

I own a MP-18, that I have never shot, I'm wondering if the price will go up on that one too??

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

From the discussions on this forum it looks like the price is likely to go down because of the concern that you won't be able to find spare parts if something goes wrong.

Baikals take such a minor share on American market, and there are so many alternatives to them, that I doubt they will go up in price.

Experientia est optima magistra.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Slightly off topic and probably not related but I saw yesterday at Cabelas in Richfield, WI that all Baikals were on sale. I think it was 15% off.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:12 pm 
Utility Grade

Parts are already hard to find. I try to find a wood stock for mine and couldn't find it nowhere.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:53 pm 
Utility Grade

OMG, was I lucky to buy my MP18 last fall for just $125 and a replacement furniture for it from EAA $100 shipped. So did my friend who bought Izh27 (mp310?) last november. For some reason I am not really worried about parts for my russian work horse.

Last edited by mp1970 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:27 pm 

EAA Pres. does not want to respond to me, but I think we know why supply is or will be limited and eventually dried up.
I imagine many shops still have some in stock, just may have to look a little harder for them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:35 am 
Tournament Grade

Hello All,

This is likely posted elsewhere but just in case I'll add I contacted EAA and the rep I spoke to admitted while they will continue to perform warranty (and non-warranty work) on the Baikals they imported but they can do so only for as long as they have parts, after that you're screwed.

That aside I called Davidson's Gallery of Guns recently on a separate matter. In a side conversation I told the rep about EAA and what I was informed of just for his own benefit. (Davidson's sells some Baikal shotguns.) He appreciated the info but also stated a good gunsmith will make you a part if needed. While I've heard this from others in the gun biz as well there's nothing like the real thing in terms of parts. Also, for anyone with an MP18 having a part made for you may not be cost effective considering how low-priced the gun is to start with. What's especially unsavory is there is ZERO on EAA's website regarding this matter either in terms of parts availability OR the fact they no longer import Baikal products.

Buyer beware!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:36 am 

Sanctions is the problem for sure.
Lets hope it will be over soon so we can keep the Baikal's coming.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:43 pm 
Utility Grade

Greetings all. Just joined the forum. I am a big fan of Baikal shotguns. QQ for the group. Now that Congress has had a switch in mgmt., what's the odds they'll reverse the ban on sporting guns in general and Baikal guns in particular? I can and will write my Congressman and Senator to request they change the policy. Any other thoughts on who might be open to assisting us in getting Baikal removed from the list?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:01 pm 
Utility Grade

The Baikal coach guns are excellent cowboy action shotguns with a little action work so it is really unfortunate that they are included in the import ban. I was surprised to see that there is nothing on the EAA website about the ban.