ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:34 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Hi,
I have been having an issue with my SPR 310. It’s not firing the second barrel. Some times I can push the trigger forward to have it fire the top barrel first, and it will fire both barrels. I’ve had the stock off and cleaned and oiled the trigger mechanism. Does anyone have any information on what maybe causing this?

Thanks



_________________
GWG

Wiggles Sadie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1030

Will Munny
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1031


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:33 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Update, I took the stock off and cleaned and and lubed all the internals. I went out dove hunting and went through two boxes of shells without one fail to fire on the top barrel. When we were about to leave I handed it to my 16 year old nephew, to shoot a few clays. He smoked the first one (bottom barrel) and second shot no fire. I asked him how did you break my gun? :x I had him throw me 10 in a row with no problem. Handed it back to him and same thing happened.
These are mechanical triggers on this gun right? I’m a big guy and barley feel the gun kick. The nephew is about 140.
I had his dad take the shotgun to a gunsmith (with the skinny nephew) so they can see what’s going on with it.
It beats me :?:

_________________
GWG

Wiggles Sadie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1030

Will Munny
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1031


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:43 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 299
Location: Pakistan
Very strange problems :(

_________________
Baikal MP-27 EM
Baikal MP-155
Baikal Mak 12 Shot

12Ga enthusiast...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:17 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:14 am
Posts: 51
There is a video on Youtube on this issue, a guy takes the gun down and shows you how to correct the problem. You should be able to search for it. Its an extensive job for someone who is unfamiliar and or doesn't have the correct tools, but it looks like a fairly simple repair for a gunsmith.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:37 pm
Posts: 19366
gwgdog66 wrote:
Update, I took the stock off and cleaned and and lubed all the internals. I went out dove hunting and went through two boxes of shells without one fail to fire on the top barrel. When we were about to leave I handed it to my 16 year old nephew, to shoot a few clays. He smoked the first one (bottom barrel) and second shot no fire. I asked him how did you break my gun? :x I had him throw me 10 in a row with no problem. Handed it back to him and same thing happened.
These are mechanical triggers on this gun right? I’m a big guy and barley feel the gun kick. The nephew is about 140.
I had his dad take the shotgun to a gunsmith (with the skinny nephew) so they can see what’s going on with it.
It beats me :?:


I don't know if the gun has mechanical or inertia trigger system, but I'll bet that the problem is that the nephew is not leaning into the gun when he shoots. He needs to bring the gun firmly into his shoulder and then lean into it a little bit. The gun needs this resistance against the recoil pad in order to set the trigger for the second shot.

New shooters will often try to "hold" the gun firmly in their hands to try to reduce the kick against their shoulder, and this can cause problems. Pull the gun into your shoulder and lean into it.

OR, the kid may be "trapping" the trigger... not releasing it quickly and fully. This can cause the gun to not set the sear for the second shot.

When one person can shoot the gun with no problem, and then another person using the same gun, same ammo, on the same day has malfunction problems, it's SHOOTER ERROR.

_________________
Please post For Sale items in the proper Classified section.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:10 pm
Posts: 172
Ulysses wrote:
I don't know if the gun has mechanical or inertia trigger system, but I'll bet that the problem is that the nephew is not leaning into the gun when he shoots. He needs to bring the gun firmly into his shoulder and then lean into it a little bit. The gun needs this resistance against the recoil pad in order to set the trigger for the second shot.

New shooters will often try to "hold" the gun firmly in their hands to try to reduce the kick against their shoulder, and this can cause problems. Pull the gun into your shoulder and lean into it.

OR, the kid may be "trapping" the trigger... not releasing it quickly and fully. This can cause the gun to not set the sear for the second shot.

When one person can shoot the gun with no problem, and then another person using the same gun, same ammo, on the same day has malfunction problems, it's SHOOTER ERROR.



I have one of these. I put 2 snap caps in it. It fires both hammers/firing pins with snap caps, and no 'butt slap to reset hammer/trigger.

My understanding is that these are mechanical triggers- not inertia.

_________________
A handgun guy who is growing up?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:37 pm
Posts: 19366
bczrx wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
I don't know if the gun has mechanical or inertia trigger system, but I'll bet that the problem is that the nephew is not leaning into the gun when he shoots. He needs to bring the gun firmly into his shoulder and then lean into it a little bit. The gun needs this resistance against the recoil pad in order to set the trigger for the second shot.

New shooters will often try to "hold" the gun firmly in their hands to try to reduce the kick against their shoulder, and this can cause problems. Pull the gun into your shoulder and lean into it.

OR, the kid may be "trapping" the trigger... not releasing it quickly and fully. This can cause the gun to not set the sear for the second shot.

When one person can shoot the gun with no problem, and then another person using the same gun, same ammo, on the same day has malfunction problems, it's SHOOTER ERROR.



I have one of these. I put 2 snap caps in it. It fires both hammers/firing pins with snap caps, and no 'butt slap to reset hammer/trigger.

My understanding is that these are mechanical triggers- not inertia.


In that case, the problem is likely what I mentioned as the second possibility.

"OR, the kid may be "trapping" the trigger... not releasing it quickly and fully. This can cause the gun to not set the sear for the second shot."

Whatever the problem, the OP must not be having any more problems since he hasn't commented about it since my suggestion. :D

_________________
Please post For Sale items in the proper Classified section.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:09 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 10230
Might be too late to help the OP, but in case it might help somebody else I had this exact problem with the same gun, though it was a Baikal IZH 27. Same mechanicals.

I took the stock off to inspect the workings. Real easy, just one long screw under the butt plate. Inside the sear there was a a small piece of a plastic hull jammed in there and I have no idea how it could have got there. Pulled it out with a tweezers, reassembled the stock, and the gun worked fine. If you try it, be aware that if you pull the triggers with the gun disassembled you will have a real trouble cocking it again which is nescessary for reassembly, iirc.

_________________
If you need a mask to save you then cover your face before you pass by. That's what freedom with Liberty is all about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 am 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 299
Location: Pakistan
Cocking hammers of disassemble gun is also not a big deal you just need - screwdriver to cock em again.

_________________
Baikal MP-27 EM
Baikal MP-155
Baikal Mak 12 Shot

12Ga enthusiast...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SPR 310 not firing second barrel
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:53 am 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:52 pm
Posts: 944
Location: Samara, Russia
The single trigger is mechanical, but it has an inertia block that locks the sears between shots to prevent double discharges. Second barrel FTF is usually explained by the inertia block overdoing it.



_________________
Russian Hunting Shotguns

Experientia est optima magistra.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1casual, 250rPRIDE, albanygun, Bing [Bot], birdhunter39, Bladeswitcher, BobK, cbradford, chairman, cleboje, DanG, Dano523, DblXX, df, dmit, doug_andrea, dpe2002, Dward, Ed Usinowicz, EricB, Galaxy Flyer, goodemachine, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Harty52, Holyjoe60, HoosierHunter07, HusqvarnaSweden, Irish Red & White, Jaspo01, Jim Tyner, John H, jusanothajoe, kcmetman, KevMenn, Kyler Hamann, lossking, lowdown20, MaineGunnah, Mark Pfeifer, Maser, mikeydio, MRIDOC1, Oldman1949, orys, oyeme, Patos, Pettifogger1, piano2ner, saskbooknut, sera, shacked, Skeet_Man, Stk218, T-Pee, Tidefanatic, viking, Wilfred1955, Woodsie131


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice