ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions about Greener Crossbolt TOZ 66
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:29 am 
Utility Grade

Hey all,

Purchased a TOZ 66 coach gun not too long ago. When I first got it, I was concerned by how the greener crossbolt did not sit flush. I took it to a local shop and had them look at it. They just said they would take care of it. I got it back and they did some work on it and said that it has no issues and is safe to shoot. However, the crossbolt still does not sit flush. I can make it flush if I push the crossbolt into position.

Is this something to be concerned about or is this normal? I have never owned a side by side or anything with a greener crossbolt before. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Post subject: Re: Questions about Greener Crossbolt TOZ 66
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:46 am 
Presentation Grade

The Greener crossbolt on TOZ hammer guns, like on most economy grade doubles, is almost ornamental. Its duty is to offer a last resort protection for the shooter in case the receiver cracks or the main locking lugs give way. If you doubt it, find a way to accurately measure the bolt and the hole in the barrel extension. You will see they aren't precision fitted to each other. Therefore, the issue you refer to does not have any consequences for safety or strength. It's only a matter of looks. You can correct it, but it's hardly worth the trouble

Experientia est optima magistra.