ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Member and New TOZ-66 Owner
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:22 am 
Utility Grade

Just joined. This is the best place I've found with info on the Baikal / TOZ shotguns.

I first laid eyes on a TOZ-66 10-12 years ago. Looked for one off an on over the years. One came up on GB a couple or weeks ago. I decided I wanted it. Paid probably almost twice what I would have back then thanks to the COVID Firearm tax this year. Doesn't matter, now that I've got it in my hands it was totally worth it, I'd waited long enough.

It's not as refined as a CZ coach gun but there is something about it's being produced in the USSR thats always peaked my interest. Found a box of the steal cased copper plated sheels to go with it.

I've never seen one that came in it's original box before so that was a plus. Seems like it wasn't fired much and that it was oiled well and put away a long time ago. The oil is gelled and sticky, almost but not quite like cosmoline. So it'll get a good cleaning before it's 1st range trip. While I am at it, anything I should pay cl;ose attention to? Any problems with these to watch out for? Doesn't seem like it, it's built like a T-34!

Have a couple questions off the bat.

It didn't come with a manual and I've scoured the internet looking for one. Anyone ever seen one? Do they exist? I did find a 1974 Universal catalog featuring the Baikals on eBay for $3.00. Should have it in a couple days.

I'm kind of partial to straigt grip stocks. We're the TOZ / Baikals ever produced with straight grips, how impossible would it be to track one down? I'm still reading through the posts here an learning about it. And without any further delay, the pics!

Bunch more here: https://imgur.com/a/mBbHjIk