ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: In Ear Electronic Ear Pro Recommendation
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:43 am 
Field Grade

Hello,

I'm looking for some in ear electronic ear pro. I have had a set of custom molded ESP's in the past. They were super expensive, finicky and made it difficult to use a duck call. Another thing that sucks about custom molded ear plugs is your body is always changing so they are only good for so long. Your ear canal changes with weight fluctuations and age.

I have lost one of my ESPs and the other doesn't fit so well anymore. So I am on the search for something better. What do you guys use for clays and/or hunting? I like the idea of electric plugs so I can hear birds and whatnot. I ran across Tetra Alpha Shields. They look interesting. They are not custom molded which solves the the issue of ear canal changing over time. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:00 am 
Presentation Grade

I got a set of Decibullz percussive plugs last year for clay shooting. So far I like them a lot. They are moldable and can be re-molded if necessary. I got the percussive model because they allow you to hear normal sounds like talking but limit loud sounds like gun shots. They offer several models, here is their website:

https://www.decibullz.com/

I got mine from Amazon at a slightly better price.

Post subject: Re: In Ear Electronic Ear Pro Recommendation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:58 am 
Field Grade

MTmag wrote:
I got a set of Decibullz percussive plugs last year for clay shooting. So far I like them a lot. They are moldable and can be re-molded if necessary. I got the percussive model because they allow you to hear normal sounds like talking but limit loud sounds like gun shots. They offer several models, here is their website:

https://www.decibullz.com/

I got mine from Amazon at a slightly better price.

Good deal. I will check them out. Have you shoot a few hundred clays in a day without having sore ears?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

They are a hard material after you mold them but I’ve had them in for about 3 hours while shooting and only had a slight bit of discomfort in one ear. I honestly think that I didn’t get it molded quite right and need to redo it. But I like being able to hear other sounds while wearing ear protection and my electronic muffs interfere with my gun mount.

Post subject: Re: In Ear Electronic Ear Pro Recommendation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm 
Field Grade

Ok cool, thank you. I agree, muffs are the worst option.