ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: hunting public land
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 am 
Tournament Grade

Leaving decoys out on public land in my area is a good way to get them stolen. The county north of us experienced a tragedy involving some young hunters and an older hunter over a public blind dispute this past hunting season. It ended with three of the 4 involved deceased. My buddy and I do hunt public land as well, but we either use our boat blind, or wader hunt. He’s familiar with the flooded timber we hunt in, so we can usually find places no one else knows about. We came across one man wading into the bottoms near where we were headed to hunt once. We just invited him in the boat and he hunted with us. No hunting spot is really worth getting upset over IMO.