ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ~ Hay Lot Honkers !
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:40 am 
Limited Edition

Attachment:
DSC09741_edit_Fotor.jpg

~ Hay Lot Honkers ~ I found these Honkers feeding in a friend's freshly mown hay lot early last evening while doing some early season scouting on my way home from retriever training. Several small family groups could be seen amongst the flock of resident birds. I caught these just off the deck, presumably making the evening flight to a nearby roost pond after having satiated their hunger.

Time spent doing some early season scouting now, will be beneficial in putting us on the X come the gunning season.

Cheers,
Irishwhistler

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: ~ Hay Lot Honkers !
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:06 pm 
Crown Grade

Few years ago we had a small feedlot next to a lake. I would feed the cows with a pitchfork, the geese would come right up to the bunk. I’d make a few trips to the bunk with the pitch fork then a trip down with a 20 ga.

Those geese could tell the difference between a shotgun and a pitch fork. With the fork I nearly had to kick them out of the way, with the shotgun I could get to within 20 yards. Close enough.