ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chukar hunting today
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

As is my habit when chukar hunting near my small town in Wyoming, I saw no chukars, but the day was beautiful, I went on a long walk, and just enjoyed the day.

The first three pics are of fossils I found that proves Wyoming was once at the bottom of a sea millions of years ago.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Chukar hunting today
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

The fourth pic is of a old weathered and fire blackened juniper stump that I thought was pretty cool.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Nice! A lot of folks never got the connection between Sinclair Oil from Wyoming and their dinosaur emblem........................Northern NV is that way as well - national park dedicated to it.

I do NOT miss chasing those wily so-and-sos uphill now with bad knees though! :mrgreen:

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

I enjoy our back country. Just meandering around discovering this or that is a fine pastime. I’ve heard there are chukars around Lander but never pursued it.