ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any Upstate NY's here?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:19 am 
Field Grade

Hiya Guys,
I was hoping that there are a few other NY'rs here. I deer hunt in Summit NY, and invariably always kick up a roughed grouse or two, or four. In the past few years have even seen some pheasant. I haven't been bird hunting in quite some time, as most of my hunting partners are, to my dismay, gone. I have been doing some trap shooting in the past couple of months, and it is fun. But, there is nothing like walking through the woods, in search of a the elusive quarry. So, again, if anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to bring you to some not too well known places that should yield a few birds.......

Post subject: Re: Any Upstate NY's here?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:05 am 
Tournament Grade

I use to grouse hunt near your area in Otsego County. I have not been there in 10 years. Had a good population of grouse back then. Sounds like the population in that area is holding up better than many areas in the Mid-Atlantic region. Good luck with your hunting. Don’t know if or when I will get back to that area.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 pm 
Field Grade

Yep it's holding up pretty well. You would not be disappointed. No one bird hunts there. There's also lots of fox and 'yote too........

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 pm 
Field Grade

Hi Wrangler 94, I'm interested! PM me when you're able. Thanks, Eric in Ithaca