ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Squirrel season opens in NH
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:10 am 
Limited Edition

Nh squirrel season opens on 9/1/18. My son and I will be taking to the woods with two of my latest additions. One will be an Ithaca model 37 Featherlight in 16 gauge, and the other will be an Ithaca - SKB model 600 in 20 gauge. Both are light weight and will be easy to carry on those long walks through the woods. I look forward to lots of tasty meals coming up in the fall. Good luck to all of my fellow hunters!!

Regards,
Joe

Post subject: Re: Squirrel season opens in NH
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

I'll be in woods in few few weeks as well. I have a couple of old single shot 16s I picked up this summer that I want to try out. When I hunting CoE land though I'll need to use the 870 and steel shot.
Good luck Joe to you and your son.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes, Joe, good luck and let us know how your hunt goes. Our season opens on 10/7/18 and I'll be in the woods too. I've found the 16ga to be excellent for squirrels and my Ithaca 37 with modified choke is the Hammer of Thor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:17 pm 
Field Grade

Our season opens in early September. Growing up it was always the first Saturday in October; and it was warm then. September just seems too early and don't feel right.

I'm going to shoot doves in September and the do some squirrel hunting when October rolls around. Unless we get a good cold front to come thru.

A 16 gauge was always the squirrel gun and remains a great choice today for early season when there is a lot of leafy cover. After deer season, or after tags are filled, its time to break out the .22's.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:14 pm 
Diamond Grade

Season opens October 15 in north carolina with a daily bag limit of 8 and 1 fox squirrel but for now the mosquitoes are the worst I have seen. Thanks to hurricane florence.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

Finally no rain and I got out for about 2 hours today. Got one squirrel and one coyote. Shooting H&R Topper, 20 gauge with # 4 steel shot.

How are you boys doing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Went last weekend, too hot and still too many leaves on the trees. I was surrounded by at least six squirrels when it got light enough to shoot, but couldn't get a clear shot due to the heavy foliage and wound up with only one.