ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coyote on the move
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:15 am 
Tournament Grade

I am in Georgia on vacation sitting on the back porch listening to the crows fight when I see movement in the woods, the family already thinks I always have guns and hunting on the brain so I ask if they ever see coyote around here and my sister hugs her little Yorkie and says "NO" and everybody laughs and pokes fun at me and we go on about the night. This morning we are heading up to the store to pick up some groceries and all of a sudden a coyote pops out of the woods in front of us on the road right behind their house. My sisters husband is own his way to the hardware store to build a gate on to their deck lol.

Post subject: Re: Coyote on the move
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

I hear them at night when we shoot under the lights at the club. I've heard adults and lately, pups. I know there around the neighborhoods in some places out here in the "edge" suburbs. My dogs are large so I don't worry about them much, but I've warned some neighbors with small dogs that red-tails aren't the only predators in the neighborhood anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:39 pm 
Crown Grade

They're everywhere, one of the few animals that are content to live in close proximity to humans.

Though their diet consists mostly of mice, they're a threat to small pets and small game. But so are predatory birds, such as owls, hawks and eagles. Coyotes sometimes get blamed for the birds' mischief.

They will occasionally bark like dogs.

When it's wet, I find coyote tracks near our house and have seen them cross our yard in broad daylight.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:43 am 
Crown Grade

First one I ever saw, out in the middle of Ft. Leonard Wood, MO reservation quail hunting, just me and an English Setter in `76. About 50 yards away. I remember saying to myself, " What`s a dog doing way out here? ". Then I realized.... Seen plenty of them since, including the one that blew up the right front quarter panel of my Prius one night outside of Birmingham, AL. They are indeed EVERYWHERE!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

I live in Los Angeles & when I depart late nite to go dove & quail hunting I always see them in our neighborhood. Often I try to run them over, but they are too quick!
Rarely run across them in the field as they are pretty smart.
Plan to be relocating next year to a rural area & very much look fwd to thinning their population.

Have lost several cats to them over the years...want some pay-back!!!

...pete