ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It begins anew
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:53 pm 
Diamond Grade

Tomorrow is the first day of Squirrel season and I shall be in the woods to welcome the dawn.Squirrel season is how I've welcomed fall and all it holds in store for 65 years.All the old pardners are gone save one,and he's 1000 miles away and to stove up to hunt.The gun I'll carry is 4 years older then I and we will have a glorious time Mr. Ithaca 16 and I.After lunch and a short nap in the afternoon I'll take the dog and dove decoys to a special place and plop my ole butt on a stool to see if we can kill a few birds coming in for a evening drink before roosting.

Post subject: Re: It begins anew
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:28 am 
Crown Grade

Sounds like a good day in the offing to me.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sounds like one hell of a good day, Mike. Enjoy yourself and good luck.

P.S.: Know what you mean about squirrel hunting. Been doing it forever and I'm the only
one left of my old squirrel hunting pards.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

Sounds great. I had an opening day dove hunt in Arizona today which is the first big Texas style group opener I've done since 92. We had a camp stove with breakfast burritos and bacon and eggs and coffee and cold drinks. Full orange moon on the horizon at zero 5:30 as shooting hours started oh, and just five miles to the north of giant thunderstorm was passing and lighting up everything including the saguaro cactuses and mountains. Beautiful and a lot of fun. I didn't see any squirrel out here in the desert though!;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

Squirrel hunting? I wouldn't get up at the butt-crack of dawn for no stinking squirrel, not even if I could kill every squirrel in Washington county. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:26 am 
Presentation Grade

Mike,
Sounds like a fine day, hope it went well! I can't imagine a more pleasurable outing. If i were not working out-of-state i would be home doing the same.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Vette Jockey2 wrote:
Squirrel hunting? I wouldn't get up at the butt-crack of dawn for no stinking squirrel, not even if I could kill every squirrel in Washington county. :D

Non-believer heresy! :wink: